• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter tray in the run.

I<3Rabbits

Mama Doe
:DI was wondering can you have a litter tray in the rabbits run? Because in the run they wee and poo in the same corner and its killing the grass( its actually turned the colour brown dead). If you walk round the garden you can see patches. I tried with a litter tray in the hutch and they weren't using it at all. Do your rabbits not wee and poo in there run just in there litter tray inside there hutch/shed? Also I'm getting a shed for Christmas should I just wait and put a litter tray in the shed and hope they don't pee and poo in the run or can I try a litter tray in the run now?:? Sorry for all the questions :roll:

Mine have pooped a total of 3 times in their run and that was through sheer excitement from food time:roll: before they had their shed I had a litter tray in the run (as it was too big for the hutch) and it was fine. I wrapped a blanket around so they could sit on it, it was one of the hooded cat litter trays :)

I'm very envious of you all... Now Willow has arrived Floppy (who used to be fantastically clean) is a mucky pup. and copies Willow who poops and pees everywhere!!,!

Mine have always had a litter tray in their run and they always use it for wees, and most of the time for poo.

Mine have always had a litter tray in their run and they always use it for wees, and most of the time for poo.

Mine do this too :)

I use the litter tray in the run as they're on concrete so would otherwise leave puddles which of course they could tread in which is not good for their feet. I also use it when they're on grass (a rare treat as they tend to dig).

Back