• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Big Enough Cage?

JellyBaby

New Kit
Hi everyone!!!

can you help me if this cage is big enough for 2 mini lops?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pet-Dog-Puppy-Training-Cage-Crate-Carrier-Vet-Style-24-30-36-42-48-All-Size-/130687374864?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&var=430065213588&hash=item1e6d931610

dogCagesVariationKMSWMBoard05.jpg

Size:
D x 820mm(33")
H x 760mm(30")
W x 1220mm(48")

Thank you :D.​

Hello, welcome to RU! Will they be shut in the cage much?:wave:

Thank you!! :wave:

No they will only be in the cage when we are out of the house and at night time when we are all sleeping. Sorry, forgot to mention they will be house rabbits.

Would definitely need a run (playpen) attached - it is too small for them to be shut in ( not just because it is for two - would be too small for just one rabbit). I would have a look at some of the set-ups in this Housing section to get ideas of how to make their area bigger.

Would definitely need a run (playpen) attached - it is too small for them to be shut in ( not just because it is for two - would be too small for just one rabbit). I would have a look at some of the set-ups in this Housing section to get ideas of how to make their area bigger.

I agree.

I agree with everyone else, even though it's a decent sized space a puppy pen or some C&C grids to make some extra space would be ideal as it's a bit small on it's own. If you need any inspiration, there is an indoor housing sticky under the housing section on the forum with some amazing set-ups in! (click forum tab at the top, then click on housing) :D

I think there should DEFINITELY be a play pen attached to the cage. Cause I have a cage bigger than that and I have one bun; he's a Polish Dwarf. So yes I HIGHLY suggest a play pen attached.:D

that is a big cage, we have the 4ft cage for barney but he is only in there from about midnight to 7am, has full house use in the day even when we are not there. we have added a shelf which he jumps up onto and sleeps, if it was for nighttime use id say it was ok

I agree with others, would be nice with a pen attached. My mini/dwarf lops (two of them) have free-range of a bedroom, I had to lock them in their dog crate (the same size as the one you have posted) the other night because Poppy has had an accident and needed to be confined, by morning they were conmpletely desperate to get out and stretch their legs.

I would also go for a pen attached. Or just have a pen! I had a 48inch crate for one of my indoor rabbits, it's massive! ..that doesn't mean to say its big enough though. The minimum for an outdoor bun is 6ft with an 8x4 run attached(I think) so why should an indoor bun have anything different:) they are awake when we are usually asleep so have plenty of energy to get out of their systems.

We had a 48inch crate. Not big enough even though Poppy was only shut in from midnight to maybe 5am. We attached a puppy pen but couldn't put all 8 panels on so she only had 5. Still not big enough! She now has free range of the bedroom.

Bar rattling was getting too much!

Back