• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

shed problem

lucy24

Mama Doe
it seems with all this rain my shed is getting very damp in the corners and now thers mould! the damp is spreading, what can i do? its on a nice paved base and everything and its under a year old!!! im worried as honey and charlie live there and have snuffles-will it make them worse?:(

Have you got good ventilation in the shed? Try leaving a window open a little bit (if it's safe to do so) or leave a bunny flap permanently open. Sheds will get damp if there is no air circulating.

are you sure the roof felt has been applied properly , if its corners , it may well be not, visually inspect the roof to see if its torn, get a house pipe or watering can and test it .

I had a similar problem in one of my sheds so I got some roof felting, cut a strip long enough to reach from the top to the bottom and wide enough to cover the edge, say about 6 - 8" and attached it to cover the edges. You can use staples or felt pins, both worked really well for me.

its t and g and the roof is fine its the bottom corners that are soaking up the wet from outside. ive filled an indoor cage with straw and hay to keep them snuggly as an extra precaution.

You need to get it off the floor, a shed shouldn't be put directly onto the ground if you want to keep it dry. It needs to be up on bricks or some wood batons.

Back