• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

He would have been PTS due to not coping with people (and also Sandy in here too)

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
This is Roger, my wildie.

4 years past his 'death row' status.

Doesn't he just look so scared!

20121128_114.jpg

Sitting on my lap
20121128_115.jpg

20121128_116.jpg

20121128_117.jpg

20121128_118.jpg

20121128_100.jpg

He then came up and nose-bumped my nose and used me as a 'ramp' to get to the settee. I then became a good play toy. He's a bit of a case this one, and a comedian.

And some others- I think he's my most beautiful rabbit. He's sleek and refined. So glossy and just luscious.

20121128_126.jpg

20121128_111.jpg

20121128_104.jpg

20121128_96.jpg

20121128_80.jpg

And here is the lovely Sandy who is battling so hard

20121128_122.jpg

20121128_98.jpg

20121128_88.jpg

And some of the pair of them.

20121128_91.jpg

20121128_90.jpg

20121128_89.jpg

20121128_108.jpg

This last one was taken just now.
20121128_132.jpg

I apologise in advance for what I'm certain is a really stupid question... He is a wildie but he's black? Was he a pet that was released into the wild or can wildies be non-wildie coloured?! I feel silly but am genuinely curious.

In any case he is gorgeous and looks so healthy :love:

They're both beautiful, I love black rabbits.

What you say, and show, about Roger makes me think of Nutmeg. She was given away due to being aggressive and unfriendly but she will sit on my lap, climb on my back when I'm sweeping up, puddle up on the chair by my bed for head rubs. She just needs it in HER way, not the way a human wants it.

:love::love::love::love::love::love:

You must feel so special to get Roger to trust you like that. Bless his little heart. And continuing vibes for beautiful Sandy.x

I apologise in advance for what I'm certain is a really stupid question... He is a wildie but he's black? Was he a pet that was released into the wild or can wildies be non-wildie coloured?! I feel silly but am genuinely curious.

In any case he is gorgeous and looks so healthy :love:

Don't feel silly, it's a valid question. I personally think he descended from a domestic, but not his parents. However wildies can throw the odd black wildie out randomly anyway, even if there are no obvious domestic or coloured descendants. Roger was found living and accepted in a wild colony (with no other non-agouti coloured bunnies). The RSPCa Inspector felt it was appropriate to try and catch him, failing to realise he was actually a wildie, not an escaped domestic. When they brought him in he couldn't cope with anything. He would literally run in a blind panic, ricocheting off whatever was around. It was totally sad and distressing. The RSPCA didn't know what to do with him so, after removing him from his natural world felt it was appropriate to ask me for help (which is was) and tell me if I couldn't help then there was no other options. So I took him in to give him the best I could. The advice I had given the RSPCa about him they had completely ignored, but I applied the same techniques at home and within 5 days he was calmish (as calm as he is now) and able to hand feed. No more blind panic running. And even after 4 years the bond is still growing, but he is so different from my domestics, both in looks, fur type and also predominantly behaviour and the speed in which he lives his life.

They're both beautiful, I love black rabbits.

What you say, and show, about Roger makes me think of Nutmeg. She was given away due to being aggressive and unfriendly but she will sit on my lap, climb on my back when I'm sweeping up, puddle up on the chair by my bed for head rubs. She just needs it in HER way, not the way a human wants it.

:love: Yup, too right. Give the bunny the control and it can make the world of difference to bunny. Nutmeg is lucky she came your way, that's for sure :)

Oh - he is beautiful...so glossy! So glad you were able to give him a home where he can be himself.

What an incredibly special bun. Such a sad start to his story being taken from his family like that :cry: But thank goodness he ended up firmly on his feet with you :love: He certainlydoes not look like a terrified bun there! :lol:

Don't feel silly, it's a valid question. I personally think he descended from a domestic, but not his parents. However wildies can throw the odd black wildie out randomly anyway, even if there are no obvious domestic or coloured descendants. Roger was found living and accepted in a wild colony (with no other non-agouti coloured bunnies). The RSPCa Inspector felt it was appropriate to try and catch him, failing to realise he was actually a wildie, not an escaped domestic. When they brought him in he couldn't cope with anything. He would literally run in a blind panic, ricocheting off whatever was around. It was totally sad and distressing. The RSPCA didn't know what to do with him so, after removing him from his natural world felt it was appropriate to ask me for help (which is was) and tell me if I couldn't help then there was no other options. So I took him in to give him the best I could. The advice I had given the RSPCa about him they had completely ignored, but I applied the same techniques at home and within 5 days he was calmish (as calm as he is now) and able to hand feed. No more blind panic running. And even after 4 years the bond is still growing, but he is so different from my domestics, both in looks, fur type and also predominantly behaviour and the speed in which he lives his life.

:love: Yup, too right. Give the bunny the control and it can make the world of difference to bunny. Nutmeg is lucky she came your way, that's for sure :)

And Roger is very lucky you were there for him too, to understand him. :D

They are both gorgeous. He looks very 'majestic' to me.
I have no idea why people don't like black rabbits!

Thank you Sky-O for explaining. I had no idea wildies could be black or even that non-wildies could be accepted into a wildie colony.

What an incredible story and what a handsome chap. He's so shiny!

He is absolutely stunning, wish my hair was as shiny as his fur :)
He's obviously devoted to Sandy as well, the photos of them together are lovely. Hope she's feeling better as well
X

Both are gorgeous and remind me of my own V and Liq :love:

Roger seems to know he's handsome :lol: - he has a beautiful shine to his coat :love:

He's beautiful! :love: He looks so happy! How come if you didnt take him the only option was pts? Surely he should have been released back into the wild seeing as that's where he came from? :?

Back