• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Possibly a stupid question...

Ah right. I haven't seen Alfie's, but I know most mammals do. My guinea pigs have really noticeable ones, haha.

Yes, but they're so minute & flat, their tummy usually has to be shaved to realise they're there.
I think Thumper (a medium sized bun) had 3 on each side.

I've only noticed one or two on each side of Jazz, they stick out when he has a full tummy! He hardly ever lets me touch his stomach so that's why I am just now noticing them.

Ah right. I haven't seen Alfie's, but I know most mammals do. My guinea pigs have really noticeable ones, haha.

I'm laughing even more. I was guinea pig sitting for a neighbour & horrified that one "developed a sore on his tummy". Plucked up courage, & told my neighbour when she returned. She looked & burst out laughing.:oops::oops::oops:

I've only noticed one or two on each side of Jazz, they stick out when he has a full tummy! He hardly ever lets me touch his stomach so that's why I am just now noticing them.

I only noticed Thumper's when his tummy looked like this, but I think they're out of view. I wasn't taking the photo to show his nipples!:lol:
DSCF4846.jpg

I only noticed Thumper's when his tummy looked like this, but I think they're out of view. I wasn't taking the photo to show his nipples!:lol:
DSCF4846.jpg

He looks shaved... Pretty bunny though! I'd take a picture of Jazz for you, but I can't hold him and operate a camera at the same time. Plus, he's out in the greenhouse for a bit of grazing time at the moment.

I'm laughing even more. I was guinea pig sitting for a neighbour & horrified that one "developed a sore on his tummy". Plucked up courage, & told my neighbour when she returned. She looked & burst out laughing.:oops::oops::oops:

Hahaha, I thought they were skin tags at first. I just hadn't ever thought about it really, they were my first male pets. They only have two on each side, I hope that's normal.

He looks shaved... Pretty bunny though! I'd take a picture of Jazz for you, but I can't hold him and operate a camera at the same time. Plus, he's out in the greenhouse for a bit of grazing time at the moment.

Thank you. That's Thumper my special bridge bunny.
Yes he's been shaved. It was a really hot summer, 30+C in the shade. He was very poorly, & was overheating badly no matter what I did, so he had a special fur cut. That's the 1st. time I realised he had nipples.

Thank you. That's Thumper my special bridge bunny.
Yes he's been shaved. It was a really hot summer, 30+C in the shade. He was very poorly, & was overheating badly no matter what I did, so he had a special fur cut. That's the 1st. time I realised he had nipples.

Do you have any others? He's a very pretty boy.

Back