• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 accidental newbies

ShazzaBunny

Warren Veteran
Im a bit annoyed, i saw a 5ft double hutch for free, so decided to go get it :D. Got there and it was a 4ft rickety old thing, useless :(. Whats worse, it had 2 residents :roll:. Apparently the rabbits were meant to get collected, the person didnt turn up :roll::(. Male and female living together (have been for a year and she never had babies :? :shock:) badly under weight, not a piece of hay in sight :(. Needless to say, the two rabbits came home with me, as did the hutch, which will probably be firewood.

:(

I assume one is infertile then? I sexed them myself, and they are male and female.

One is a gorgeous BEW now called Winter, and the other a butterly tri colour cross called Branson Pickle :D.
Pictures later on :D they will be neutered and join my bonded 4, so much for no more, but then i have space and time, so why not?

I'm no expert on this, but I believe that. Rabbits that are undernourished, overly stressed ect can reabsorb litters or hold them until such a time that they can safely give birth. If these two poor loves are in a bit of a state you may want to look into spaying as soon as is safe for her as you giving her a suitable diet and accomodation might just kicks start her reproductive system :?

Well done for saving them! Some people are just :evil::evil::evil:

I'm no expert on this, but I believe that. Rabbits that are undernourished, overly stressed ect can reabsorb litters or hold them until such a time that they can safely give birth. If these two poor loves are in a bit of a state you may want to look into spaying as soon as is safe for her as you giving her a suitable diet and accomodation might just kicks start her reproductive system :?

Thank you Hele, i have booked them in for neuters, the soonest i could get was one on the 11th and one on the 12th December.
I hope she is not pregnant, the poor love :(. I couldnt leave them there :(.

Nope I don't think I could have either, it's so lovely that you are able to give them a real home :love::love::love:

The 11th and 12th is not that far away.... But that is going to turn into one very expensive, but non existent, new hutch! :shock:

as above - we did this and assumed female neutered - she wasnt - as she proved (with Parsley) as soon as she felt better!!!

Nope I don't think I could have either, it's so lovely that you are able to give them a real home :love::love::love:

The 11th and 12th is not that far away.... But that is going to turn into one very expensive, but non existent, new hutch! :shock:

Thats very true, the hutch was meant to be a foster hutch, so its not the end of the world (i have 5 foster spaces already) but 2 neuters was not on the planned cash spendature, especially not at christmas, but hey ho, these bunnies come first :D. Luckily i have space for the newbies due to shed renovation :D.

What a relief you went for the hutch. It was around this time of year I got Millie and she had no hay either. How can you leave buns in this weather with no hay? Anyway, they are safe now!:love:

:cry: poor bunnies, thank god you went to get the hutch or they'd be really stuck!

Bet they'll have bad teeth from the lack of hay :? some owners make me want to punch a wall!

Back