• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

WANTED photo of a memorial garden/tables or tributes you have done for your angel bun

bunny mad lisa

Mama Doe
Hi all
In the next issue of bunny mad magazine I have an article about coping with the loss of your rabbit and would like some photos of memorials that you have done to remember your bunny friends. It could be a in the garden or home. please post on the thread so we can share the ideas and I will contact any that I would like to use,

many thanks and look forward to seeing your tribute x

bunny heaven in the fairy garden

every spring, behind the bridge bunnies fairies the daffodils bloom

008-6.jpg

there summer flowers

012-6.jpg

We bury our bunnies here at the rescue (unless there is a risk of infection causing the death - they are then cremated) and they get a paving slab with their name lightly engraved together with a tin heart that hangs in the hazel tree :)

FinalDay011.jpg

FinalDay008.jpg

FinalDay007.jpg

Shrunk1.jpg

Headstonemarkers017.jpg

We bury our bunnies here at the rescue (unless there is a risk of infection causing the death - they are then cremated) and they get a paving slab with their name lightly engraved together with a tin heart that hangs in the hazel tree :)

FinalDay011.jpg

FinalDay008.jpg

FinalDay007.jpg

Shrunk1.jpg

Headstonemarkers017.jpg

Aww that brought tears to my eyes how nice and heartwarming :love:

Tinkerbell's resting place and Tinkerbell cuddly that my Daughter bought me after we lost Tinks :love:

010720091248.jpg

This is the memorial we made for Fay. We found a rose bush called English Miss and it seemed perfect for her. We then also planted a rosemary bush and a thyme plant so the other buns could visit her area and enjoy themselves, she loved nibbling on things in the garden and I wanted the buns to be able to share in her favourite pasttime as they explore the garden. We found the two stones in B&Q but they just said what we wanted them to. It looks very barren in the first picture as the rose needed time to settle in and grow, but a few months later we had the most beautiful blooms as you can see in the 2nd pic.

AllsortsDec2011toMay2012399.jpg

SeptOct2012026.jpg

Duchess, can I ask where you get the tin hearts from? I'm after something like that for Mischa to go by his rose.

This is Mischa's box with some of his fur in...

And this is (a not very good) picture of his rose.

19a98b6dae4f464d09dc11e623557cf8.jpg

When it warms up again next year we're going to put a white picket fence around the slab on his grave and turf up to the sides. It's been too wet to do anything.

Duchess, can I ask where you get the tin hearts from? I'm after something like that for Mischa to go by his rose.

When it warms up again next year we're going to put a white picket fence around the slab on his grave and turf up to the sides. It's been too wet to do anything.

If you e-mail me your address I'll send you one.

I bought a large number as I knew that sadly we would use them all eventually.

I think your box is beautiful; I never thought to keep some fur. That's a lovely idea.

If you e-mail me your address I'll send you one.

I bought a large number as I knew that sadly we would use them all eventually.

I think your box is beautiful; I never thought to keep some fur. That's a lovely idea.

I've sent you an email, thank you so much for your kind offer!

I wish I'd asked Mark to trim the fur off for me, I think it may have worked a little better than me tearfully cutting it but it still means the same. His little label from his carrier is in there as well as I couldn't bear to throw it away.

Can I ask where you got the box from? It's beautiful, I've been looking for a little box for Barnaby's ashes.

Not for a Bunny but the best 3 cats ever, Hope no one minds

NoNo Nannette is a Musical from the 1940's, my Mom named the cats, aptly NoNo would not come in they were both strays came as a pair in the cold November 1994 around the age of 2 ish.
Nannette got hit by a car and was comforted by a neighbour but there was little she could do around 2006
NoNo who came to live with me and hubby 2004, was 18/19 and died 28 August 2011 in my and my husbands arms :love: 28 August 2011
Baby I was there at her birth 26th April 1996, and she died in my arms almost 16 years to the day she was born from heart attack after losing my Mom (Viv) in December 2011 (who she followed round like a dog), she came to live with me, but only briefly.

This is where all 3 a placed, no collars as all the cat flaps are open and no one needs a key

13F5ADC0-25AD-4BDB-9C03-3A29937FAC0F-268-000000201A5E2C48_zps2866ea9f.jpg

All in the Bluebell patch in my Moms back garden. :love:

This is my Herbie's grave. I chose him a spot underneath our apple tree, I knew he would approve of that as apple was his most favourite treat. (this is making me cry again :cry:)

Herbies%2520spot.jpg

Brownie's apple tree (soon to be Brownie's and Dill's apple tree)

c1efa4c6.jpg

Unfortunately I missed the blossom by the time I got around to taking the picture.

Back