• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Easipetcare Neutering

R.P.B.G.G

Mama Doe
Easi pet care have a rabbit promotion on for December

It isnt on the website yet, but I have just called to confirm and check prices.

Bucks are £20
Does are £35

Will be booking 5 or 6 in now :)

Easi pet care have a rabbit promotion on for December

It isnt on the website yet, but I have just called to confirm and check prices.

Bucks are £20
Does are £35

Will be booking 5 or 6 in now :)

What's their normal price? I personally would want to know how they can do this as I'm sure it costs more than that to do each procedure. Unless they are running it as a lossleader to get more forever clients in, I'd just be a bit cautious. Cheap isn't always good.

If it's a genuine offer in an attempt to encourage all round good welfare, then that's good news.

I had my 3 girls all done at easipetcare and they are all fine, no problems at all :D

ETA: I think on the website they say they offer it cheaply to encourage owners to get their pets neutured :D

Last edited:
I had my 3 girls all done at easipetcare and they are all fine, no problems at all :D

ETA: I think on the website they say they offer it cheaply to encourage owners to get their pets neutured :D

Which one did you use (am interested as I see you are in Reading and I rehome that far out. Would be good to get any good recommendations for bunny savvy vets). And which, if any of the vets there are bunny savvy?

Personal recommendation is always so much better than pricing, but obvoiusly if there are good offers too, then that is a help.

Had Jack & Rex done at easipetcare in Kidderminster, usually £30 but 20% off so only £27 each, they were great :D

Really? Only £30 normally? I really do wonder how that is possible as the op would take atleast a vet and vet nurse to carry out, and all of the relevant drugs/anesthetics. I do find it incredible that a vet can offer spaying at these kinds of prices to be honest.

I wonder how they do it?

There's one not far from us in Burton on Trent and Stephen is booked in for a neuter at our normal vets next week, but for twice the price, now I don't know what to do?

Which one did you use (am interested as I see you are in Reading and I rehome that far out. Would be good to get any good recommendations for bunny savvy vets). And which, if any of the vets there are bunny savvy?

Personal recommendation is always so much better than pricing, but obvoiusly if there are good offers too, then that is a help.

From my experience I would only recommend Easipetcare for neuturing and vaccinations. I used the one in Woodley.

I took Flopsy there because she had sore ladybits and the vet scruffed her which I wasn't happy with. Another time I took Marmalade because she had urine soaked legs, they gave me cream for her skin but didn't think it neccessary to find out why her legs were getting soaked. I took her to a different vets and it turned out she had EC, which she's been treated for and is fine now. So I don't think any of them are particularly rabbit savvy.

Kynoch vets around Wokingham is rabbit savvy and recommended :D

I have had 4 buns neutered and a cat neutered at their Coventry branch. Couldn't fault the care, after care and advice received. Cat was neutered for £20, came home with pain relief and collar. I was surprised but they are really good.

I have had many buns neutered and vet care received from Easi pet care.
I cannot fault them at all,
We was using a local vet in emergencies and they were lets say rubbish and 3-4 times the price!

Low cost does not always mean low care.

They are the most friendliest vets I think I have ever been too, all our buns have come away with pain relief and a 2nd appt check up free of charge,
They go through every procedure with you fully even if you have heard it all before, and you can really feel the care they have for the animals they treat,

There is no way I would recommend a vet to anyone that I felt wasn't up to the job, Ok I cannot comment on other branches, but the Chatham branch and the Dartford vaccine clinic are brilliant,

They proclaim to be an affordable vet for every pet owner and do a promotion every month, like this month (november) was staffie neutering boys £45 girls £75
They are trying to make a difference and hit the things that are bad/wrong/problematic in the animal world, and they get put down by people who have never been or experienced, and are not in it for the money,

Being that this forum is so for neutering I though people would praise them for offering neutering at a more affordable price and stop breeding, but obviously not.

We have 43 buns to neuter, we are on the last of the boys and now girls we have lots and its going to cost thousands at a normal vet, even at their normal price of £50 per doe its going to be so much cheaper than any other vet around!!! (40% cheaper according to their website)

Being that this forum is so for neutering I though people would praise them for offering neutering at a more affordable price and stop breeding, but obviously not.

I think people do have a good reason for questioning how good there are if they are cheap, and are right to question if they are good or not. We have a neutering clinic in the area who offers them dirt cheap, similar prices to what you have said above, but have a terrible reputation. They use the cheapest combo of drugs going, offer no post op care, offer no pain relief afterwards, don't offer internal sutures and don't have a sterilising machine, eveything goes in a pot of boiling water. I have seen a number of animals with varying degrees of post op infection or wound break down and other problems.

I think it is great that you have found a good vets at the price, but you do have to be careful because not all cheap places are as good as that. I think as rabbit lovers on here people are cautious and want to go to a good place. I work at a vets and agree that I have no idea how they do it at that price, but if it gets people through the doors, is a good vets and gets animals neutered and care for them properly then that is great.

Edit: I think any vet practice should be check out for rabbit savvyness and proceedures before registering regardless of the price, I am not saying that expensive ones are always better...

Last edited:
I think people do have a good reason for questioning how good there are if they are cheap, and are right to question if they are good or not. We have a neutering clinic in the area who offers them dirt cheap, similar prices to what you have said above, but have a terrible reputation. They use the cheapest combo of drugs going, offer no post op care, offer no pain relief afterwards, don't offer internal sutures and don't have a sterilising machine, eveything goes in a pot of boiling water. I have seen a number of animals with varying degrees of post op infection or wound break down and other problems.

I think it is great that you have found a good vets at the price, but you do have to be careful because not all cheap places are as good as that. I think as rabbit lovers on here people are cautious and want to go to a good place. I work at a vets and agree that I have no idea how they do it at that price, but if it gets people through the doors, is a good vets and gets animals neutered and care for them properly then that is great.

Edit: I think any vet practice should be check out for rabbit savvyness and proceedures before registering regardless of the price, I am not saying that expensive ones are always better...

I couldn't have said better myself. A good vets offering these kinds of price should be commended, but I'm not confident that every vet that offers a cheap price will be any good. Anyone new to rabbits and not on a forum such as this, may not know what to look for and will just judge by price.

I know of a dreadful vet in Essex who do cheap spaying and who have had some very undesireable results.

I am very glad you are happy with this particular branch. That's good news for you and people reading this who are near to you. As I said before recommendation is very important.

I know a fair bit about one of the branches as a friend worked there. I obviously won't say which one and each will be different, but I wouldn't use them based on my experience.

Well in the years I have used them I have not had one problem.

As I said I cannot comment on other practices, but the Chatham branch I recommend to everyone,
I too questioned the prices when we were first showed them, but boy am I glad we were!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I cant see why or how you can try to put a practice down when you have never been to one yourself!!!

I will continue to go there and take advantage of the cheap prices and excellent vet care!!!

Well in the years I have used them I have not had one problem.

As I said I cannot comment on other practices, but the Chatham branch I recommend to everyone,
I too questioned the prices when we were first showed them, but boy am I glad we were!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I cant see why or how you can try to put a practice down when you have never been to one yourself!!!

I will continue to go there and take advantage of the cheap prices and excellent vet care!!!

Please tell me where anyone is putting a practice down? Please show where anyone who has posted on this thread has put your practice down? I have merely made some general comments about cheap vet care.

The point being made here is that people should not just go by cost, they should find a vet that is confident, knowledgeable, and has a good reputation where it comes to treatment of rabbits. And price is not a good enough reason to go to a vets, it has to be the whole picture.

As I have already said, I am glad you are happy with your local branch and that you can get a price that suits you. Not all people with a Easipetcare or any other vet charging so little will necessarily be so lucky so they need to look at skill, knowledge and price. And as MichG has already pointed out, not every expensive vet is necessarily good either. However, people will more likely be swayed on price if they are choosing a vet but don't know what else to look for when choosing.

Last edited:
Our vets are very cheap, £33 for neuter, £46 for spay and the combination vaccine is £19.50. Dentals are £40 basic burr but when Poopy has had teeth removed and roots cleaned it hasn't been more than £70. I prefer seeing 2 of the vets as they know all of the animals really well.

The others aren't great with rabbits, more dogs and cats.

So not only are they cheap they are fab:) the vets we used previously were very expensive and their care and knowledge of rabbits was bloody awful :evil:

We have 43 buns to neuter, we are on the last of the boys and now girls we have lots and its going to cost thousands at a normal vet, even at their normal price of £50 per doe its going to be so much cheaper than any other vet around!!! (40% cheaper according to their website)

are you a rescue?

Back