• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hoping to move the rabbits into the shed this weekend....

gwaterhouse

Wise Old Thumper
Anything I should look out for? tips to make it bunny proof (if any)?

I plan on not letting them have the whole shed, probably cordon off the bit near the door so I can get in without fear of them getting out etc.

Theres stuff in there at the minute, but most of it is coming out, i've seen photos and some people have mesh up around the edge of the shed, is that in case they chew away at the shed?

Ahh:love: they'll love it!

I only put mesh up the sides because it would have been wasted otherwise :lol: and it's been handy for hanging their hay rack off:thumb:
...and they are chewers:roll: they have been chewing the run doors bannister things :evil:

Could you do what I have done and make a mesh barrier to stop them getting out? :) I wanted a full mesh door like others on here have and my dad is making me one for the summer when it's warmer:D can keep the actual door open then.

Ahh:love: they'll love it!

I only put mesh up the sides because it would have been wasted otherwise :lol: and it's been handy for hanging their hay rack off:thumb:
...and they are chewers:roll: they have been chewing the run doors bannister things :evil:

Could you do what I have done and make a mesh barrier to stop them getting out? :) I wanted a full mesh door like others on here have and my dad is making me one for the summer when it's warmer:D can keep the actual door open then.

:lol:

hopefully they'll love it! i need to do some prepping, like moving stuff into cupboards etc before they go in, there'll also be like a couple of trips to the tip no doubt :lol:

I could do the mesh barrier, i'll investigate once it's all cleared out, might be nice to have a bit of the shed where i can leave their food etc anyway... altho knowing my luck they'd manage to get to it somehow :lol:

:lol:

hopefully they'll love it! i need to do some prepping, like moving stuff into cupboards etc before they go in, there'll also be like a couple of trips to the tip no doubt :lol:

I could do the mesh barrier, i'll investigate once it's all cleared out, might be nice to have a bit of the shed where i can leave their food etc anyway... altho knowing my luck they'd manage to get to it somehow :lol:

My dad made me a shelf at the back for the hay and cleaning stuff :) he's making another so I can put their food in there too:thumb:

Will you be putting lino down?

My dad made me a shelf at the back for the hay and cleaning stuff :) he's making another so I can put their food in there too:thumb:

Will you be putting lino down?

I was going to choose carpet, as we have loads of that, they'll have the dog cage to sleep in just like when they used to come inside, so that should be okay. It's iy a temporary solution as once winter is over ill put them back in their hutch.

Just hope the weather is nice Saturday for their move!

I was going to choose carpet, as we have loads of that, they'll have the dog cage to sleep in just like when they used to come inside, so that should be okay. It's iy a temporary solution as once winter is over ill put them back in their hutch.

Just hope the weather is nice Saturday for their move!

I have lino down but it's sooooo cold on my feet :( :lol: I've given them a few carpet squares which they like lying on. I would love carpet :love: but they get hay everywhere :lol:

They'll be very happy snuggly warm bunnies:love:

Back