• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think the bond is... UD another scrap.

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
It was going so well. I let them on the landing for a little while and Nutmeg started scrapping with the other two. It settled again when I brought them back into my room but it's just kicked off again twice.

I don't know whether to out the pen back or take them for a ride or what. :cry:

Last edited:
Oh no. :( I don't know what to advise - I'm such a bonding numpty I sent Alfie away to be bonded :oops: but I didn't want to read and run. My instinct would be to reduce the space back again if it was the change in location that seemed to set things off but I hope somebody else can advise properly.

If they are fine in your room just keep them in there for a few days at least. And don't panic, sounds like a bit too much too soon.:wave:

It seems calm again for the most part. They've been eating hay together but every now and then Nutmeg is being Nutmeg and jumps back out for cos Mini's moved or something. I'm trying to keep myself from getting emotional, I know it doesn't help. Mini's being a bit off herself cos Nutmeg's pulled her fur by her mouth and there a very small wound there.

If they are fine in your room just keep them in there for a few days at least. And don't panic, sounds like a bit too much too soon.:wave:

They were but every now and then it kicks off again. I think it's unsettled things a bit from both of the girls.

No more actual fighting or chasing. Nutmeg is nervous of Mini and they're keeping a distance from each other most of the time. When they do get together Nutmeg ends up running off.

I'm supposed to be going out tomorrow but at the moment I don't even feel like I can sleep. I'm seriously thinking of taking them for a drive but I'm scared it'll make things worse. Im not sure if I need to bring them back together a bit or if that will happen naturally. Ha, and as I type that they both get in the litter tray.

I've shut the carrier again because that was the other thing I changed today. I'm pretty sure that didn't set this off but I think it might not have helped as Nutmeg was hiding in there earlier.

Oh man, I'm so rubbish at this.

You are certainly not rubbish at thiss, you are learning about this and that is totally different. Try not to be stressed about it because they will pick up on it and then they will be worse. You know they are ok in your room and you know they are not actively trying to kill each other so just let them be and they will get on with it. If they do have a major squabble - fur flying and no let up, not just a bit of chasing - then put the pen back up. Personally I wouldn't take them out in the car unless all else was failing. Go back to square 1 and the indoor cage if you have to but I think any upheaval right now will do more harm than good while they settle again.

Thank you Ali, sorry I'm falling apart a bit :oops: they just sat together for a while so I'm relaxing more :oops: I think it's seeing Mini hurt, it's rattled me. She's ok though so I'm gonna try to get some sleep :)

Hey, with Rupert and Sapphire's recent problems, once I reintroduced them - everytime they fought I reduced their space back down until it stopped. Then started increasing space back slowly.

It's been a week and a half now but finally increasing space without any problems (except at pellet time so they eat separately!)

The landing was shared wasn't it at random times by both pairs? It could be that 'territory' set things off.

I remember when Ginger first made it up stairs, her and Biscuit had their first ever real fight. Biscuit had already been up there on several occasions as he was so much stronger and so could do the stairs. Evne though they are the closest things in the world, that still triggered them.

Just trying to put your mind at rest - get them back in your room and keep it like that for a week or more i'd say, keep it settled :)

They were ok overnight. The girls are sitting separate from each other and avoiding each other a bit although they are sitting within a foot of each other right now. Everyone's snoozing.

Thank you Gray, I know I was panicking a lot last night. I just, I'm so fearful of Mini being hurt and her getting an abscess. By the way I saw Marsh yesterday and he's doing really well :thumb:

They were ok overnight. The girls are sitting separate from each other and avoiding each other a bit although they are sitting within a foot of each other right now. Everyone's snoozing.

Thank you Gray, I know I was panicking a lot last night. I just, I'm so fearful of Mini being hurt and her getting an abscess. By the way I saw Marsh yesterday and he's doing really well :thumb:

I think that's all understandable :)

Glad to hear Marsh is doing well :)

Take care of yourself too - it's draining bonding and i've only had to do it once and it was an easy one! :shock:

I've been asleep much of the afternoon as I have a horrendous migraine which is affecting my vision. Things have been quiet on the whole apart from the odd bit of chasing.

i myself would shrink the space again and just keep spraying outside and inside the bunny room with Vinegar, i will send you some of my luck for your bond xxxx

I can't do anything right now. I shouldn't be on my phone either :oops: they'll have to sort themselves out this evening I'm afraid!

I can see! Woohoo. Been watching them for about ten minutes and they've been sharing the box again. Nutmeg's gone back to jumping out every now and then if Mini gets too close. They're getting spoilt right now with loads of timothy hay cos I have no other hay to give them as I haven't been able to get some fresh in.

it may sound odd, but try mushing banana on there faces to enourage them to groom one another some more, its strengthened our lot up, as it seemed Oliver was worried about the others approaching him after they all chased him. But i buttered him with nanar and they all groomed him and then carried on grooming him:lol:

I might try that this afternoon. I haven't had much success with it in the past but it's worth a go!

Back