• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone made a hutch cover out of bubble wrap before?

DemiS

Warren Veteran
I've just bought 10 metres of bubble wrap on ebay as an impulse, I usually save a load of plastic sheets to keep the rain out of the hutches in winter but don't have any this year and thought I'd be able to wrap one big lot of bubble wrap around and another on top and staple it together, waterproof and insulating, I'm regretting it already :oops: As if the hutch isn't an eyesore enough as it is :? :lol:

So yeah has anyone done this before? how easy was it to do and how does it look?

When mine were in a hutch I did this with the silver foil coated bubble wrap then put the tarp over the top. As long as it keeps them dry and warm it doesn't matter too much what it looks like to me.

When mine were in a hutch I did this with the silver foil coated bubble wrap then put the tarp over the top. As long as it keeps them dry and warm it doesn't matter too much what it looks like to me.

Okay thankyou :) I'm not too bothered but my mum will be as everyone can see it from the road and it's our view from the kitchen window

Back