• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you guys think?

I don't think it would stop them chewing wood if they have a taste for it - you need some apple/pear/willow sticks for that really. But, it could make a good platform/chewing toy, and it is free so why not?

A couple of things though, I once read some wise advice - you can't laugh when the bunny rips up a yellow pages but then get annoyed when he rips up your favourite book, because to them, there is no difference. In other words - you must be consistent - it is great advice when thinking about bunny toys. So I wouldn't get them this if you have lots of cardboard in the room that you can't keep out of reach, stuff that you don't want nibbling. I can't see that being an issue though, as cardboard things are easily replacable.

One thing to keep an eye on is that they dont eat too much of it, as it can clog up the gut if eaten excessively. It is also worth noting that a craving for wood-pulp in its various forms can also be indicative of a slow gut - so if bunnies do start to eat lots, question whether their guts are okay, and whether they are eating enough hay.

Aw that's cute! Prob wouldn't stop them chewing on other things but they'd have fun with it! I would say the tape might be an issue but u could probably find an alternative, perhaps wrap some paper string around it and tie instead?

I've got the wood figured out, they were just liking to chew. I put a panel up and and now they can't reach it. They chew on their box, I'm okay with them chewing on cardboard because I don't really have much cardboard in the room that isn't for them.

They eat a TON of hay. So that's not a problem. And they poo like normal, so I don't think there is anything wrong with their guts.

I was going to cover the tape with fabric or cardstock, so it would take them a little while to get to it. I'll get some boxes and let you all know how it turns out!

Sounds good, just make sure they are eating a pile of hay the size of themselves every day, and that they aren't eating too much of the cardboard.

Looks interesting, might have a go doing something similar for Scamp... would need to avoid tape... I wonder if it would be possible to have a piece of wire running through with a bead each end to hold it together.

Back