• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Upset - P@H today :(

Peterbunny

Mama Doe
Hi,

I was in my local P@H today buying some hay with my eldest son. He wanted to have a look at the buns so we went to have a look in the adoption centre. When we got there, there was a family with 2 young boys (aged roughly 2 and 5) handling a guinea pig they were interested in. There was also a lovely male bun in an attatched pen and whilst the couple were handling the guinea pig the shop worker had left the door open of the buns enclosure and the 2 young children were virtually in it, chasing the bun around :( He looked terrified, was thumping and frantically was racing around the back of the enclosure :cry::cry: The youngest boy then started banging on the glass of the enclosure! I'm not very good at speaking my mind but glared at the shop worker, who seemed to be completely oblivious as to what was going on, and he turned round and locked the door.

I stood in a nearby aisle and could hear the couple saying they wanted the guinea pig but would need to go home first and come back later, the boy said that was fine :cry: I really don't understand how P@H can allow a pet to go to a family where the children think its OK to upset animals?!? I've wanted to get a bun for a couple of years but wanted to wait until my eldest (nearly 4) was old enough to understand how to be kind to animals (obv I never leave him alone with Peter but he has supervised access and he is very affectionate to him)

I'm kicking myself now that I didnt say anything to the shop manager :?:cry:

You could always email the store about how upsetting it is.

I would be concerned for the guinea pigs with children like that, since they are very nervous animals and could die of fright if chased like that all the time.

I also would've told them off politely since I can't stand people scaring the animals.

It's difficult at the time - some parents think their little imps from hell, are in fact wee little angels and get upset at the thought of some stranger being critical.

Write a letter or an email - the manager needs to know what is going on in his shop - and it will make you feel a bit better too.

Back