• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just letting you guys know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leelow

Young Bun
Yes I may be only 18
Yes Jelly is my first Bunny
Yes I got him young, his mum died okay
Yes I didnt know at the start I couldnt feed an 7week old veggies(I learnt from my mistake)
Yes he has got a Big play pen and a whole house to play in
Yes I let my sisters older bunny, run around with him( they both getting neutered) I live at home with my sisters and wont be moving out for a long time
Yes I have taken the time to go out and get what he needs hay, pellets, toys, pet wipes to spot clean when needed
I have job and have since I was 14 so I can pay for vet checks and what he needs growing up

And I joined this forum for advice from bunny lovers so I can make sure Jelly lives a long happy life, not to be told Im to young and that Im not aloud to learn.
I thoughts that how things work in life you learn from your mistakes, and get advice so you dont make more.

This could be my last post on this FORUM not sure if I feel comfortable using it now, oh and by the way I have already taught Jelly to use a litter Tray and for him to roll over on his belly for belly rubs which he falls to sleep with and as soon as i stop wakes up and jumps around all excited.

I love this forum all your bunnies are so cute and I dnt want to leave it, I just think some of the stuff said was a bit uncalled for thats all and i am not threatening anyone this is a BUNNY forum

Last edited:
Yes I may be only 18
Yes Jelly is my first Bunny
Yes I got him young, his mum died okay
Yes I didnt know at the start I couldnt feed an 7week old veggies(I learnt from my mistake)
Yes he has got a Big play pen and a whole house to play in
Yes I let my sisters older bunny, run around with him( they both getting neutered) I live at home with my sisters and wont be moving out for a long time
Yes I have taken the time to go out and get what he needs hay, pellets, toys, pet wipes to spot clean when needed
I have job and have since I was 14 so I can pay for vet checks and what he needs growing up

And I joined this forum for advice from bunny lovers so I can make sure Jelly lives a long happy life, not to be told Im to young and that Im not aloud to learn.
I thoughts that how things work in life you learn from your mistakes, and get advice so you dont make more.

This could be my last post on this FORUM not sure if I feel comfortable using it now, oh and by the way I have already taught Jelly to use a litter Tray and for him to roll over on his belly for belly rubs which he falls to sleep with and as soon as i stop wakes up and jumps around all excited.

Has somebody said this to you?? Thats very surprising to me, most people on this forum are kind and understanding in my opinion. I dont think theres any of us who didnt make mistakes with our first buns :?

Goodbye threads/threats are not allowed, so I'm not sure what the mods will make of your post/thread, however, you are right, life is about learning from mistakes and doing your best to minimalise all mistakes you make.

If you don't feel comfortable posting then that's understandable but the best advice I can give is that you won't benefit from the info here if you don't stick around, so maybe use the search function and also feel free to PM people who have treated you respectfully to see if they can give you advice, or if they know someone who can.

Also, did you read the thread I linked you to the other day?

Goodbye threads/threats are not allowed, so I'm not sure what the mods will make of your post/thread, however, you are right, life is about learning from mistakes and doing your best to minimalise all mistakes you make.

If you don't feel comfortable posting then that's understandable but the best advice I can give is that you won't benefit from the info here if you don't stick around, so maybe use the search function and also feel free to PM people who have treated you respectfully to see if they can give you advice, or if they know someone who can.

Also, did you read the thread I linked you to the other day?

I tried to click on it and it wouldnt let me could you try sending link again please and I dont want to leave this forum I love looking at every ones bunnies they are sooooo cute

Has somebody said this to you?? Thats very surprising to me, most people on this forum are kind and understanding in my opinion. I dont think theres any of us who didnt make mistakes with our first buns :?

Yeah they did :/
and I am doing my Best for Jelly my bunny <3

Yes, there is not an age limit. I am a member of the buddy team and I'm 18, Liz is 16/17 and also a buddy. We have a fair few younger than that too so I'm not sure where that has come from.

But yes, goodbye threads aren't allowed, if you have issues with certain members please PM a MOD (their names are in purple) to discuss it :wave:

hey

Yes, there is not an age limit. I am a member of the buddy team and I'm 18, Liz is 16/17 and also a buddy. We have a fair few younger than that too so I'm not sure where that has come from.

But yes, goodbye threads aren't allowed, if you have issues with certain members please PM a MOD (their names are in purple) to discuss it :wave:

I already said I dont want to say goodbye I like using this forum I just didnt expect what people said thats all, and I would feel rude inboxing a person I dont know at all and telling them that they were being a bit of a meany.

How was what she stated a threat, ohh n btw i have changed Thors cage so be on the look out for some awesome pics, hes super happy atm :) Im deff not leaving this forum, lol ive got 2 others for my other pets, and sometimes post get misread it happens :)

Yeah they did :/
and I am doing my Best for Jelly my bunny <3

:shock: Wow. Please dont let one rude person affect your coming on this forum. Theres a wealth of knowledgeable people on here that you and your bunny can benefit from.

Plus we're all abit rabbit bonkers, you may have noticed ;)

hey

:shock: Wow. Please dont let one rude person affect your coming on this forum. Theres a wealth of knowledgeable people on here that you and your bunny can benefit from.

Plus we're all abit rabbit bonkers, you may have noticed ;)

nothing wrong with loving rabbits too much, I have been spoiling Jelly since I got him lol

It because I got my Bunny at 7weeks old, his mummy died and because I am 18 and unfit to be a bunny owner for the first time

I don't recall these things being said - except that a baby rabbit shouldn't leave its mother until at least 8 weeks. and advice being given on suitable (and unsuitable) food. I certainly wasn't aware, from your previous posts, that the mother had died.

If you are unhappy about what has been said to you, I would advise you to send a PM to a moderator - not to the person you are unhappy about - explaining what has happened.

It is, of course, your choice as whether you continue to post and gain some useful information but, if you decide not to, I wish you well with your rabbits.

I don't recall these things being said - except that a baby rabbit shouldn't leave its mother until at least 8 weeks. and advice being given on suitable (and unsuitable) food. I certainly wasn't aware, from your previous posts, that the mother had died.

If you are unhappy about what has been said to you, I would advise you to send a PM to a moderator - not to the person you are unhappy about - explaining what has happened.

It is, of course, your choice as whether you continue to post and gain some useful information but, if you decide not to, I wish you well with your rabbits.

I have screen printed it, and its clear that me getting it at my age was wrong

WTF.jpg

Not so much a threat but it's in the rules -

Post rants or 'leaving' threads. A rant is an angry, non constructive post complaining or attacking a person or topic. This encourages personal attacks and causes disruption on the forum.

It's essentially bringing everything said before back into 'view' and can just start all over again. It's better to take advice if you want it/asked for it, ignore the things that upset you and just focus on the positivity of giving Jelly the best life ever :)

I was 15 when I had my first rabbit, she is suffering for my ignorance and I wish I found the forum sooner.. She was housed on woodshavings for 2 years and now has a permanent respiratory infection which requires regular medicine. She is a dental bun because I didn't know how important hay was. She has to live indoors now because of it and has full run of the bedroom.

From my mistakes with her I made sure my outdoor buns were well cared for, they have plenty of hay and live in a shed/run. Leo has his own room too after we bought him indoors following a stroke. While I don't recommend waiting to realise you have made a mistake, it's only natural. You're already improving his set up day by day:) I wouldn't let the 2 buns 'play' together though, they might be okay while young but if they started fighting they can cause some painful and expensive injuries. Rabbits are either together or not, it's just how they are so if anyone says that to you please don't be offended, they're not like some other animals that will be happy with each other straight away:wave:

I already said I dont want to say goodbye I like using this forum I just didnt expect what people said thats all, and I would feel rude inboxing a person I dont know at all and telling them that they were being a bit of a meany.

Moderators are here to keep people in check. Please PM them with your concerns rather than airing them on the public forum.

I'm going to close this as it's a follow on from the locked thread last night, which is against forum rules.

Tamsin already advised members on the other thread that they need to consider their tone when posting and not berate new members for their choices so hopefully, Leelow, you will find that people show more consideration in future. If you find that isn't the case, then please report the posts for the moderators to have a look at so we can take appropriate action. If there's anything you wish to discuss right now, either about this thread or the one last night, then feel free to PM me for a chat. :D

Otherwise, welcome to the forum and I hope you stick around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back