• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sick Bun..a Good Friend

Schtoffen

Mama Doe
Saturday was completely horrible....

Came home at about 2am, having left two happy buns at about 6pm....

Big had gone from fine to BLOATED and was wriggling around in pain, poor darling.

Took him straight to the 24hr vet (luckily its a 2 min walk away!) for jabs and fluids. The worst thing was I was (as luck would have it - as it doesnt happen very often these days!) totally and completely drunk and trying not to cry, or appear drunk and desperately trying to listen to what the vet was saying!!

Anyway 200 pounds later he was back home and I stayed up with him all night... getting increasingly hungover.... urgh it was awful!!

Eventually after hand feeding he seemed to perk up....

Anyway, I wanted to share this photo... Little (Grey) seemed to know there was something wrong with her big pal and wanted to stick by him...:)

530909_10151153831187671_1535959541_n.jpg

Aww hope he's feeling better now. :love::love:

Hope your hangover isn't/wasn't too bad. I cant imagine going to the vets a bit squiffy, I'd be trying to behave and knock everything over. :lol::lol:

Glad that all is improving....

Oooh, not a good look, drunk in charge of a bunny!!,!

Take care.

I'm so pleased to hear that Big is beginning to recover. Bloat is horrid.

Yes, a well bonded pair of buns show this truely remarkable behaviour towards a sick partner. The well partner will often groom the sick bun too.
I've even known a bun who would not leave the sick one even to eat, unless the owner relieved him from his "watch". Even then he wouldn't eat himself until he'd brought the tastiest morsels to his sick partner. :love: I was moved to tears.

When my single bridge bun Thumper was very ill, I'd do this behaviour for him. At times he hadn't had any bowel sounds for over 5 mins (ileus) but simple stroking would usually kick start his gut again, although no medication had been given.

I'm so pleased you've both seen & noticed this amazing aspect of their relationship.:)

I hope Big is continuing to make progress.

Big and Little are so sweet.

How's your head?

Sorry too loud............................whoops.;) x

They look a devoted couple - nothing so aaaah inspiring than a happy pair of bunnies.

Hope he's feeling better.

As for your hangover - keep drinking - but water this time!

Don't quite know what I'd do in these circumstances - vet is 45 min drive away!

I'm so pleased to hear that Big is beginning to recover. Bloat is horrid.

Yes, a well bonded pair of buns show this truely remarkable behaviour towards a sick partner. The well partner will often groom the sick bun too.
I've even known a bun who would not leave the sick one even to eat, unless the owner relieved him from his "watch". Even then he wouldn't eat himself until he'd brought the tastiest morsels to his sick partner. :love: I was moved to tears.

When my single bridge bun Thumper was very ill, I'd do this behaviour for him. At times he hadn't had any bowel sounds for over 5 mins (ileus) but simple stroking would usually kick start his gut again, although no medication had been given.

I'm so pleased you've both seen & noticed this amazing aspect of their relationship.:)

Ahhh bless.

Actually Little's bedside manners leaves a lot to be desired still... especially as she wolfed down his recovery food and kept waking him up when he needed rest. She's sweet, but useless!! :)

Back