• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've been doing up the bunny kennel & run U/D post 22 - 3 days later

KarenM

Administrator
Staff member
And thought I'd share some pics while it's still tidy. :lol:

Alfie's been away for bonding so I've repainted the inside, laid new foam flooring and got a new clear tarpaulin for the run as the old one was no longer very see-through. :lol: OH put in a solar light, and has made a little table thingy as a second level in the kennel.

DSCF7415.jpg

DSCF7412.jpg

DSCF7421.jpg

DSCF7416.jpg

Lovely lovely :thumb: wonder how long it'll be tidy for :p I give it... five minutes :p

Lovely lovely :thumb: wonder how long it'll be tidy for :p I give it... five minutes :p

:lol::lol::lol: I'll take a photo in the morning and it'll probably already be a tip! :roll:

ETA: You might have noticed I've just stuck a blanket on the shelf/table thingy for now as vet bed will take a little while to get hold of. That'll probably be on the floor by morning too. :lol:

I definitely noticed the blanket. It's pink! :p

All looks fab - install a kettle and I'd happily settle down there myself. :lol:

That looks fab. :wave:

My kennel/run set ups are very similar to yours, I'd not thought of using the foam flooring. How easy is it to clean? I have a bunny who, rather than eat all his caecotrophs, likes to squash some of them into the carpet. :roll:

:lol::lol::lol: I'll take a photo in the morning and it'll probably already be a tip! :roll:

ETA: You might have noticed I've just stuck a blanket on the shelf/table thingy for now as vet bed will take a little while to get hold of. That'll probably be on the floor by morning too. :lol:

:lol: you should've seen my room this evening. You know they say bunnies do 500 poops a day? Well I swear that's roughly how many I swept up this evening! Nutmeg always takes an age to settle in a new place and marks for weeks, so I have weeks of this to look forward to :roll:

Thank you all. :love: I'm so glad I chose this set up a few yrs ago as it really works for us, especially when the weather is miserable as I don't get a soaking wet bum like I used to from leaning into a hutch. :roll::lol:

My kennel/run set ups are very similar to yours, I'd not thought of using the foam flooring. How easy is it to clean? I have a bunny who, rather than eat all his caecotrophs, likes to squash some of them into the carpet. :roll:

I mainly got the foam as one of Alfie's hocks was getting a bit sore. Overall it's very easy to get clean as the tiles are wipeable but I find you have to actually dry the tiles off when you clean them as they take age to dry on their own. Bubbles used to do the odd squidgy poop and I found that they came off pretty easily. The only drawback with the tiles is that they don't wear down bunny nails like patio slabs/concrete would, so the bunnies get regular manicures instead.

:lol: you should've seen my room this evening. You know they say bunnies do 500 poops a day? Well I swear that's roughly how many I swept up this evening! Nutmeg always takes an age to settle in a new place and marks for weeks, so I have weeks of this to look forward to :roll:

:lol::lol::lol: I'm actually quite pleased with Alfie and Lola then - although, to be fair, I don't think Lola came out of the shelter all night, bless her. There was a handful of stray poops (which looked like a case of Alfie jumping out of the litter tray before he was done :lol:) and just a few strands of hay on the floor.

:lol::lol::lol: I'm actually quite pleased with Alfie and Lola then - although, to be fair, I don't think Lola came out of the shelter all night, bless her. There was a handful of stray poops (which looked like a case of Alfie jumping out of the litter tray before he was done :lol:) and just a few strands of hay on the floor.

Mini's quite bad at jumping out before she's finished as well! Hope Lola settles on her new home soon.

That looks fab. :wave:

I used them to cover the carpet when we had the buns inside. One night Strawbs ate them. He must have swallowed so much I am surprised he wasn't poorly, he has a stomach of steel!

Karen that looks great :love: regarding the foam tiles I have those in both my set ups and when I wash them I always use a dry microfibre cloth afterwards and it drys them straight away :wave:

Karen that looks great :love: regarding the foam tiles I have those in both my set ups and when I wash them I always use a dry microfibre cloth afterwards and it drys them straight away :wave:

PS: can I ask where you got the clear Tarpolin sheet from please as mine is white and when they are in the run on a rainy day they can't see out :cry:

Yep, that's what I use as well. The first time I washed them, I was just hoping they'd dry on their own and save me the effort! :oops::lol:

Snowberry made a good point though; you need to keep a close eye to make sure they don't get chewed as some buns seem to like them. I'm watching at the moment as Alfie has always been ok but I don't know yet if Lola will take a shine to them.

Wendle, the clear tarpaulin was from Ebay. They're really thick plastic so very hardwearing; they discolour over time (years, rather than weeks or months though) and it's not so easy to see out of them, but they still let loads of light in. This was the cheapest seller I found for the size I wanted. http://stores.ebay.co.uk/corbycanvasproductslimited

Back