• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I saw a bunny in pah.... I want her!

I went to my local pah today and as per usual i always check out the buns especially the adoption bit. There was a beautiful little black lion head girl (I assume it was a girl), her name is sparkles. We were in there a couple of weeks ago and I'm sure she was there then:(

The sign just said the usual 'my owner couldnt look after me', I didn't dare ask anything about her as I know hubby would say no.
I always feel guilty for my little Leon ( i have two separate males) he always seems like he would love company. He's always bathing his teddy and snuggles into it sometimes, he's always looking for hugs.

I know people say go to a rescue but they all need homes at the end of the day right?

Aww, she sounds gorgeous. Yeah, I guess people say that but the thing is for every pet you buy another pet is bred to take its place. Then again she's in the adoption section...

The real problem from your point of view would be if they didn't bond, then you would face having to return her, pets at home might not have the space, or you might feel unable to and then you'd have three seperate buns. At least with an established rescue there is the option to take Leon down and try him with a couple of ladies to see who he likes best.

I know it's hard when you spot a cutie, I've succumbed before, but you have to try and get your objective brain engaged. ;)

Could you not pay a rescue to bond your boys on neuutral territory? I have loads of male/male couples and I know others do too. :wave:

Where abouts in Scotland are you? May be able to get you in touch with someone to help you bond :D

I didn't realise there was anyone local. I'm in Bellshill.

I'm not sure my two would bond. We got them from pah at the same time. They were together for about two weeks (age 8-9weeks), was planning to get them neutered but hormones kicked in first and i caught them fighting in their run. My fault, they are our first rabbits and didn't do the research properly.
Sammy is quite territorial and isn't happy when Leon sniffs at him through the hutch door but Leon seem ok when sammy approaches his hutch. They are like chalk and cheese........I don't think they would bond. I think sammy likes being alone or he justs hates Leon.
When they were together I always remember sammy would go find a spot to lie by himself and then Leon would lie down right next to him, he woul usually sandwich himself between sammy and whatever he was next too.....think sammy got fed with that.

maybe it would be good to get a friend for Leon and take him on a bunny date to find a nice placid cuddly friend if there's any rescues nearby that could do it? And Sammy could stay alone if he prefers it or could work on your oh about him later? :lol:

There's always a risk he won't get on with the lionhead or she's too strong minded or dominant for him and nothing to fall back on if it doesn't work out, as you would have to neutered her yourself and P@H tend to have a long waiting list with rabbits or have a lot of their own stock on there.

Back