• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When's the earliest I can bond after neuter ?

Theo was neutered on Thursday and it went well. :love: Im still getting over the shock of the price! :shock: :lol:

I'm hoping to bond him with my pair who are ALREADY NEUTERED AND SPAYED, so when is the earliest I can bond them? :) I know it's usually 6 weeks after a neuter but as he's hopefully going to go with a neutered and spayed pair then can it be earlier? I want to bond asap as Theo isn't in the biggest housing i'd like, ok its only temporary and at night but I really want to see him in the shed and aviary run with the others. :love: Fingers crossed they'll bond. :)

Last edited:
The standard line is 6-8 weeks for hormones to die down and it gives thr maximum chance of success because he will hopefully have lost any hormonal behaviours by then. You can choose to do it earlier if you wish (I have done) but you risk a higher chance of failure if he is exhibiting hormonal behaviours in the bonding.

Theo was neutered on Thursday and it went well. :love: Im still getting over the shock of the price! :shock: :lol:

I'm hoping to bond him with my pair who are ALREADY NEUTERED AND SPAYED, so when is the earliest I can bond them? :) I know it's usually 6 weeks after a neuter but as he's hopefully going to go with a neutered and spayed pair then can it be earlier? I want to bond asap as Theo isn't in the biggest housing i'd like, ok its only temporary and at night but I really want to see him in the shed and aviary run with the others. :love: Fingers crossed they'll bond. :)

That's what you get for going with Abbey house! :lol: Glad he's doing well, I'm not sure about how long to leave it, was he being really hormonal before? I'd say the very earliest would be when he's back to himself, healed up and lost any signs of being hormonal that he may of had before (foot humping, spraying or whatever)

Thank you. But ahh no this messes things up. :(

Was hoping I could bond in the Christmas holidays but in 6 weeks it will be 3rd Jan just as I'm due back at college for exam season so will have to wait until feb half term. Oh dear. :(

Back