• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Don't know what to do with Leo :(

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
He has a massively improved life here.. His own room, fresh hay, vet care for his dentals which are roughly 6 months+ apart, human interaction..

But he's so bored :( I can't do anything else for him because he has everything I can think of, he doesn't know how to play or what can be played with so any bought or homemade toy is just something to move out the way. He doesn't get a lot of fuss but he gets attention throughout the day, although he's usually asleep. He gets more in the evening.
We aren't allowed anymore animals in the house so neither Leo or Poppy could have a friend :(

It's really getting me down :(

Last edited:
Are Poppy and Leo both indoors? Do they have set ups where they can interact with each other through mesh even if they can't live together?

Are you trying things like using his food for stimulation so he has to work for it and stuff?

Are Poppy and Leo both indoors? Do they have set ups where they can interact with each other through mesh even if they can't live together?

Are you trying things like using his food for stimulation so he has to work for it and stuff?

Yeah they are but in separate rooms, Poppy needs to be in with us because if she starts sneezing we have to stop her. Otherwise it gets chesty and she could go on for minutes.

I would love for him to be able to come in here but it's not possible :(

I made something last night like that for him, a cardboard box with some hay and readigrass in then I mixed in half of his pellets. He just tipped it upside down though :roll:

We are giving him the dog crate tomorrow and putting a heap of towels and blankets in there for him to dig at :) or even snuggle in as he loves his dog bed and cat bed :lol: also to hang things off which he likes :)

We had a talk with him and he would like some more willow balls to destroy and munch on :thumb: and for Daddy to do his heat pad because he loves lying on it in the night. Especially as he has forgotten the past few days:roll: tut tut!

Is there definitely no way (if it's safe health wise) to bring him into your room? even if it means a barrier to climb over for you guys?

don't know what else to say but i hope he's alright :thumb:

and good luck and let us know how he gets on :)

Thanks :) he must be quite happy because for the first time in the year we've had him, he's been doing head binkies :love: He's tried a proper one but he scared himself :lol:

Is there definitely no way (if it's safe health wise) to bring him into your room? even if it means a barrier to climb over for you guys?

Health wise it would be fine, but space wise is making it really difficult. I'm trying to visually move the room around but he really wouldn't have that much room, Poppy would have less too because she has free run of the bedroom. It's a long room, but we're pushed for space for things as it is :( The computer/desk and TV can only be in 2 places, but that would just involve swapping them which wouldn't do anything. If the room was slightly bigger then it would be so much easier :( would be nice if we could knock through into his room because it's right on the wall but it's not our house :(

Sounds like you've had good advice already. :thumb:

He might not be as bored as you think. I've find that Spenser can look bored and fed up for hours, and then for no apparent reason he will be into everything. Leo might just be resting when you think he is bored.

Mine love to just break strew up, when ever they get cleaned out I can see them just chewing strew apart with there teeth :) maybe you could put in a basket of strew:? I wish I could be more help:(

Sounds like you are already making good progress.

Mine really like a hay cracker. Get some brown paper, or any paper i guess, put some hay and pellets in and tie the ends up with that paper string stuff. They love destroying those.

Back