• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mr B has stopped eating his ceacals

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
For the past week I have found them and they are often being squashed into the floor so it looks like his poo is slightly soft.

I have stopped all veg and cut pellets right back- he already eats tons of hay.

Any other ideas or do I need a vet visit?

For the past week I have found them and they are often being squashed into the floor so it looks like his poo is slightly soft.

I have stopped all veg and cut pellets right back- he already eats tons of hay.

Any other ideas or do I need a vet visit?

I would as it might be a sign of tooth problems (even if there are no other obvious signs) or a mobility problem- ie arthritis.

I would as it might be a sign of tooth problems (even if there are no other obvious signs) or a mobility problem- ie arthritis.

Ok thanks Jane. I think all his fur can stop him being able to get at them too so will give him a good hair cut tonight as well.

Can I ask, If you say tooth problems, how would this show itself? Willow too has stopped eating her caecals but she is still eating hay and gnawing on the wood of the run!!!

As Jane has already suggested, teeth problems, arthritis and is Mr. B overweight at all?This could reduce his ability to reach round and eat his caecals from source.

Back