• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice needed in General Chat - Anybody up? (thread re spay/painkiller...)

Thank you! :wave:

Originally Posted by Tinsel

I'd insist on it, with or without them seeing her. Don't beat yourself up - she'll probably be fine, especially once she gets it and a few more hours have passed - but at least it's shown you that you need to find a new vet/practice in case your buns get ill. The causing problems excuse is just a cop-out - must save them loads by not dishing painkillers out. If a rabbit isn't eating it's a major problem, so the metacam is "really necessary" to quote them.

Strongly suggest you change your thread title to post-spay advice needed so that more people see it? Suspect it needs to be moved to rabbit chat/health too? She should DEFINITELY have pain killer - as long as she eats with it it's safe but she may not feel like eating hence my suggestion about syringe feeding.
Thanks Tinsel. Im going to ring them when they open and demand some pain relief. I have found a vet in our area that is a rabbit savvy (wish i had known before but im new to being a rabbit mummy and learnt alot already) do you think ringing them today and ask them to see her.

Back