• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Hope I'm doing the right thing?

Fred and Lils mum

Warren Scout
Because Lillie has been spayed today we are keeping her inside but her husbun wouldn't settle inside so we have put in back in their hutch in the garage. Also he kept eating all the food we put in so we weren't to know if Lillie was eating or not nor would we know if it was her that had had a wee or poo. Will this do any damage to their bonding?

Hmow long have they been bonded? One night or two shouldnt cause problems in an established bond but if its reletively new it could.
It is best to keep a bun in for a few nights after surgery so you are doing the right thing as she will be finding it difficult to maintain body heat so could get cold outside.
The only thing I can suggest is that you use a towel or blanket and rub it over each bunny after rubbing it on the other so they will have the same scent, also try reintroducing on neutral grounds! Good luck!

Hmow long have they been bonded? One night or two shouldnt cause problems in an established bond but if its reletively new it could.
It is best to keep a bun in for a few nights after surgery so you are doing the right thing as she will be finding it difficult to maintain body heat so could get cold outside.
The only thing I can suggest is that you use a towel or blanket and rub it over each bunny after rubbing it on the other so they will have the same scent, also try reintroducing on neutral grounds! Good luck!

Thanks for getting back to me Rachylou. They are an established pair so hopefully it will be ok. Lillie just wants to sleep but concerned she isnt eating or drinking yet.....Rabbits eh, always a worry.:)

Thanks for getting back to me Rachylou. They are an established pair so hopefully it will be ok. Lillie just wants to sleep but concerned she isnt eating or drinking yet.....Rabbits eh, always a worry.:)

None of my three grls when they spayed ate until the following morning. We did have to syringe feed Honey some critical care the next day but by the following evening she was fine. We tried syringing critical care but she just sat there and ate it off the spoon.

Fingers crossed Lillie will pick up.

Back