• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help Guessing her Breed?

Cari

Warren Veteran
So as some of you may have seen we have a new girly in our lives! I know she is a cross breed but just wondering on people's ideas?! She's about 4kg ish and is about half the size again of Stephen who is a standard Dutch.

I was wondering about a an English Spot x ? Lop because she has one cheek spot, one eye with 'eyeliner', the faintest markings on her nose and most of her colour follows (very roughly) the herringbone markings of an English Spot.

I'm just being curious.. And here are some photos!

IMG_20121117_113036.jpg

IMG_20121117_114753.jpg

20121117_120552.jpg

20121117_112514_8_bestshot.jpg

20121123_055057.jpg

She likes chilling on the sink...! :love:

:love: She's beautiful. She's not an English spot cross I wouldn't think. But she does have the butterfly marking; possibly (from what Demis told me before) a harlequin, but I would probably say tri colour.

I would say maybe a german lop, but an unshowable one.

Aww thank you! Not interested in showing at all, just being curious as it's so obvious what breed Stephen is!

I did wonder about a German Lop but I've never met one so could only go on pictures and their faces look a bit more squishy than Leanora's.

Aww thank you! Not interested in showing at all, just being curious as it's so obvious what breed Stephen is!

I did wonder about a German Lop but I've never met one so could only go on pictures and their faces look a bit more squishy than Leanora's.

Yeh, those are the show quality ones (hence why I said she was not show quality). Equally, she could just be a cross of a larger lop and a smaller lop, like a frenchie and a dwarf, for example.

Ahhhh ok, gotcha :) sorry, no good with breeds! :lol:
Her ears are right for a German Lop, but I guess we'll never really know! She's gorgeous any who and we loves her.

I've seen those markings pretty often on dwarf lops and cross lops in petshops, so probably just a general dwarf lop.

She's about 4kg ish and is about half the size again of Stephen who is a standard Dutch.
Do you mean bigger? Because I just imagined a 8kg dutch :shock:

They didn't know Jill, thought she was a Lop cross but no ideas any further than that, and I didn't think to ask to be perfectly honest as she was just so lovely I wanted to take her home.

Thank you Charlotte :)

:lol: yes Mirth I did mean bigger! Stephen is only 2kg! :lol: I know he's a teeny bit chubby but not quite that big! Yes,I'm sure she is a cross of some sort, just didn't know if anyone could spot any defining characteristics :)

Are you sure she's 4kg? She doesn't look anywhere near that big to me - she looks pretty much like a normal dwarf lop, which are usually between 2-3kg, although obviously they vary a lot especially if there is a x in there somewhere. She's beautiful whatever she is :love:

Nope, not sure at all! Only guesstimating on the fact that she feels twice as heavy as Stephen and when last weighed he was exactly 2kg! :) :lol:

At a guess, broken tri-colour butterfly resulting from a dwarf lop crossed with non-lop, possibly both of which were butterfly or broken-butterfly pattern.

I think she's a dwarf lop cross. Probably a result of generation x breeding. She's not got mini in her though I don't think, totally different face.

Demi may see this she will be able to give you a better idea :wave:

Guessing her breed

Oh, she's very much like Cookie, but she has the lop ears. I must get a photo for you. She's lovely.:love:

Back