• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny carrier??

Peterbunny

Mama Doe
Hi!

I'm looking to buy a new pet carrier for Peter, currently we have this one...

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/smal...r-for-cats-and-small-dogs-by-roadrunner-13613

but I'm not keen on it, it feels very flimsy and plasticy!

Can anyone recommend one for me? I have a budget of about £20 but could stretch a little further to get the right thing, amazon would be good as I have a voucher for them!. He doesn't have any need to spend any great length of time in it (both vets and boarding hotel are within 10 mins drive) but I want him to be comfy.

Any ideas?! He is a dwarf lop if that helps!

Thanks

I've got one of these in dark red and I highly recommend it. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002RLE13M/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=pet-supplies I'm not sure how much they are elsehwere atm but I've linked to amazon as you said you have a voucher. :D

The top opens right up so it's easy to get bunnies in and out without them escaping again :lol: or you have the option of using the door at the front so they can walk in or out of it by themselves. It's very sturdy and you can put your car seatbelt through the handle to secure it in the car. I've had mine for around 4 years now and it's still going strong.

I have the same flimsy plastic one as you! It only cost me £1 though from a bootsale lol! The door is rubbish isn't it and it feels like the bottoms going to fall out with your rabbit in it lol!

I've got one of these in dark red and I highly recommend it. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002RLE13M/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=pet-supplies I'm not sure how much they are elsehwere atm but I've linked to amazon as you said you have a voucher. :D

The top opens right up so it's easy to get bunnies in and out without them escaping again :lol: or you have the option of using the door at the front so they can walk in or out of it by themselves. It's very sturdy and you can put your car seatbelt through the handle to secure it in the car. I've had mine for around 4 years now and it's still going strong.

Ooh lovely thanks Karen! That looks great :D I paricularly like the air vents all around the edges.

I have the same flimsy plastic one as you! It only cost me £1 though from a bootsale lol! The door is rubbish isn't it and it feels like the bottoms going to fall out with your rabbit in it lol!

The amount of times the door has fallen off just as I've managed to encourage Peter in is unreal!! drives me nuts! Mine was a rush purchase as I wanted something rather than a cardboard box to take him home in so thats what I got!

Ooh lovely thanks Karen! That looks great :D I paricularly like the air vents all around the edges.

No problem. :D They do it in pink and grey if you use the drop down box on the page to change the colour - but that's dearer and Peter might not like it. :lol: You'll probably find it's a bit heavier than your existing one but you won't get the feeling the handle's going to fall off with it.

Ooh thanks for the recommendation, I've been looking at this one for ages! and now its on sale :D Thanks!

Ooh thanks for the recommendation, I've been looking at this one for ages! and now its on sale :D Thanks!

Ive got one of these too, although mine is Orange and Grey. I got mine from Jollies at a cost of £27.00. Very sturdy though, and also fits two rabbits in if required.

Ive got the one on the amazon link too and it's great, very sturdy. Makes vet trips so much easier.

The rescue I work at has the cabrio ones too, they are fantastic!

(and very hard wearing!)

I am another Catit Cabrio user, well the bunnies use it - haha!

I find it great :) I have two buns in at the same time.

Cabrio :thumb: Just wish they'd make a little trolley to put it on cos it's heavy with three rabbits :lol:

One catit cabrio carrier on its way!!

Thanks everyone! Hope Pete likes it, naturally he hates his carrier as it normally involves a trip to the vets :lol:

Back