• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit personalities!!

JosieLiz

Young Bun
I love keeping rabbits, but something I've noticed is that all my bunnies have their own individuel personalities. My Jessica is feisty, Lydia is calm, Lucy is bold and all of them are nosey. My friend's bunny is grumpy. I love how rabbits are such characters, what personalites do your rabbits have?

I love bunny characters too... Rupert is boisterous, fun, funny, bold and the boss of the hoomins but under the thumb by Tia :lol: Rupert is like the naughty kid in school but that manages to get away with it cos he's so cute.

Tia is shy, timid, but soooo funny, and IS the boss of Rupert (and knows it). Tia is the quiet one who plans the mayhem. And mess with their routine and there is TROUBLE - we slept in one morning, didn't wake up til 9.35 (we usually are up by 9) and as I opened their shed, I caught her mid emptying all the litter trays all over the floor!!! If I hadn't of seen her do it, I'd have blamed Rupert!

I love how they know their routine - one an evening, when we get home from work (usually between 6 and 6:15 - any later and they empty litter trays and throw their tunnels all over the ledges) they KNOW they come in the house - so they run round the back of the house, in the patio doors - and if we have one single, even small thing different in the sitting room, they freeze and won't come in (even just an item of clothing on the sofa or something :lol: )... then they know I close the curtains and give them a fenugreek..... then I get changed (and RUpert KNOWS if i've not been changed and stands by the door (hes not allowed in our bedroom so run round my feet to be in)... then they have herbs - Tia knows herb time to the SECOND!!! And at 8.45 they have a p&p each - they come running to me at this time, sometimes i dont realise the time and they sit staring at me (the death stare as we call it) til i realise.

And every morning, i put them in their shed at 7.45 so i can go work, and they just take themselves in at 7.45 on thedot every morning - if im late (sometimes im hanging washing out or something) they start throwing their toys against the window on their shed.

Oh, and the other hilarious thing is, in the morning i just put crocs on to go out to their shed, but if its wet i take them off to go in their shed, and leave them at the door, and the little hooligans nick them!!! They take one each and trap me in the shed - the first time tia did it, she was shaking with excitement, it was so cute and funny!!! I have to wait for my husband to come rescue me! :lol:

I love bunnies I do, they're so funny and I wish everyone could see that by giving them space, and attention, and stimulating them mentally, they all have funny little personalities - the ppl who say 'our rabbit doesn't do anything' clearly has them in a hutch all the time and doesn't allow them to have a personality.

I love bunnies I do, they're so funny and I wish everyone could see that by giving them space, and attention, and stimulating them mentally, they all have funny little personalities - the ppl who say 'our rabbit doesn't do anything' clearly has them in a hutch all the time and doesn't allow them to have a personality.

Totally agree.

I knew absolutly nothing about rabbits when we first got Boris - but have since learn what amazing little things they are and how different they all are.

Boris is big, squishy, gorgeous boy who is convinced that the sky will fall on his head one day - he is a bit of a cowardly lion head. But when he's not having one of his anxiety moments, he loves being stroked, fussed and generally pandered to. He will lie there for hours purring away whilst his hoomans take turns in stroking his head and ears. But he also loves playing games with us and will tease us - the other morning we were trying to get him back into his hutch so we could go to work - and he wasn't falling for the old food bait - and kept coming up to the hutch entrance and then dashing off again, binkying like crazy...eventually his tummy got the better of him:D

Harley on the other hand is an independant little soul - so little and fluffy and sweet looking but with a right good thump on her when she's annoyed or isn't getting her own way. Not interested in being stroked - just wants to run and binky and fly over furniture and try to get into places she's not allowed to. She is adorable.
Each day starts with me letting her out for her binky time - and it's the best start just laughing at this silly, little, hairy creature careering around the lounge.

Such different personalities - it's just great.

If I ever win the lottery I am going to build a massive house and have loads of different rabbits - all different breeds, ages, whatever - doesn't matter - it is just going to Binky Madness! And I will become the mad bunny lady :lol:

Amber is a stubborn, stroppy, indignant, independant and brave little madam who is scared of nothing. She has a massive personality and has a reputation at the vets for being a diva :shock:

Ollie is quite soft and easy going, doesn't like change. Get really excited over food and just like dthe simple things in life. He can stick up for himself if he has to though.

Both of them know how to play me :oops:

Back