• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

adopting a rabbit

Hc1

Mama Doe
Sugar recently lost her friend (Oliver) and I would like her to have another friend for company. I am a bit nervous about bonding though. I know some rescues rehome nationally but then I would have to bond them myself. I don't think there's anywhere near me that does bonding. I am looking for a boy. Not sure what to do.

Kind of just thinking out loud, hoping for some good advice. I am also a bit short on time just now, as my dad ill in hospital, and may be for a little while, but I don't want Sugar to go much longer without getting a friend. She is outdoor (in a shed) and can't come indoors as my OH tends to be allergic to furries. I have managed to talk him into allowing the piggies to winter in the utility room and I can't push my luck any further :lol:

There is an SSPCA centre with 3 or 4 male rabbits about an hour from me but I think you only get a week to see if the bunnies get on with each other. Will that be long enough?

Have had a look at the rabbits in need section and there are some lovely male buns on there :love::love:

Elgin - I'm not aware of anywhere near here that does bonding. The last one I did was a complete breeze - a trio and they got on straight away. don't think I'd be that lucky again. I did one years ago that took ages and was very difficult but I had a better set up for it then.

Back