• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My lil Jelly

Leelow

Young Bun
DSCF0015.jpg

Litter tray and hay rack

DSCF0017.jpg

water bottle and salt lick

DSCF0016.jpg

Bed and food bowl, which has been moved into litter tray because bunnies pooh were they eat so im trying to train him to use litter tray, and have used a different bowl for food and use the old food bowl for water so just in case he hasn't got used to the bottle yet he has water

That looks nice and cosy.

He seems to be having lots of pellets though. I stopped giving Doughnut unlimited pellets when she was little as I had uneaten cecal poops everywhere. I cut it down to a couple of egg cups and they all disappeared. Now she's older she's only on one egg cup!

Hey

That looks nice and cosy.

He seems to be having lots of pellets though. I stopped giving Doughnut unlimited pellets when she was little as I had uneaten cecal poops everywhere. I cut it down to a couple of egg cups and they all disappeared. Now she's older she's only on one egg cup!

I half the bellets with the new bowl I just dnt want it ever going hungry lol

I know that's what I thought but they just eat more hay, they won't go hungry.

Doughnut begs non stop for pellets, it's like chocolate to them.

Just look out for the uneaten poops if you get them cut it down as they should be eating all of them to keep them healthy.

:wave: the best way to make them poop in the tray is to fill it with hay! :wave: they love to sit and munch it while they go to the loo !

thats why i got the hay rack in there :)

No they prefer to actually sit in it, rabbits generally like eating their hay from the floor rather than in a rack, and they need to eat lots of it to stay healthy, so you need to make it much more accessible to them and pile it in there ! :wave:

No they prefer to actually sit in it, rabbits generally like eating their hay from the floor rather than in a rack, and they need to eat lots of it to stay healthy, so you need to make it much more accessible to them and pile it in there ! :wave:

Like this :D they eat it all out of the hay rack and the majority out of the litter tray :)

IMAG1940.jpg

Very cute, I love this pig thing!

Last edited:
They like the fact that the wee soaks thru the hay bcause for them it feeels more clean - chuck loads of hay in there, he'll love it.

Yeah they love hay under they feet, love to dig and forage through for the best bits!

Like this :D they eat it all out of the hay rack and the majority out of the litter tray :)

IMAG1940.jpg

Very cute, I love this pig thing!

You just reminded me I need to get out their Ikea hay rack again cos the trio go through hay like crazy!

He looks happy in his home....I don't fill my litter tray with hay I use horse bedding covered by straw because its cheaper and have a big hay rack above but its got an open top so they like stand up and lean on it and munch hay. Some of it falls out in the litter tray but I think its a better way to not waste so much hay.

You just reminded me I need to get out their Ikea hay rack again cos the trio go through hay like crazy!

:lol: ever since I gave it to them they empty it over night! :D

He looks happy in his home....I don't fill my litter tray with hay I use horse bedding covered by straw because its cheaper and have a big hay rack above but its got an open top so they like stand up and lean on it and munch hay. Some of it falls out in the litter tray but I think its a better way to not waste so much hay.

Mine only get cheap hay in their litter tray and a handful of good stuff. They seem to eat more from their hay rack too:) thank god because they'd slowed down! :lol:

:lol: ever since I gave it to them they empty it over night! :D

I found if I stuffed loads and loads in through the side (it's amazing how much those things hold!) then they lasted the lops all day whereas if I tried to just put it through the letterbox holes then they pulled it out within the hour!

I only took it out because it covered a lot of the box, I'm using the bigger boxes with three and it works well. They're loving it...

Ahhh Elena that's adorable :love: So nice seeing them together :love: I can't believe mine are emptying it! I'm shoving 5 handfuls in, pulling it through the front and adding another few handfuls to the back and it's gone by the morning!

Ahhh Elena that's adorable :love: So nice seeing them together :love: I can't believe mine are emptying it! I'm shoving 5 handfuls in, pulling it through the front and adding another few handfuls to the back and it's gone by the morning!

Greedy bunnies! it's great isn't it! It's a lovely feeling when they go crazy for their hay :love: Nutmeg is currently completely hidden behind two 'waterfulls' of hay :lol:

I think I'll get one of those from Ikea. How do they attach to the sides?

I may change all of Doughnut's set up to accommodate it. At the moment she wees in her litter tray in the dark part of her hutch and I put hay in it. The wired part she has a fleece to lie on and her hay rack since it attachs to the wire. She then has a play pen which she can enter through the side of her hutch.

I could put her litter tray out in the play pen with the new hay rack over it, like others have done here but do you think she will then just use her litter tray to wee in or do you think she will also still be going to the dark part of her hutch and weeing there too! I don't want to start up two litter trays, I'm always tidying up after her anyway!!

I think I'll get one of those from Ikea. How do they attach to the sides?

I may change all of Doughnut's set up to accommodate it. At the moment she wees in her litter tray in the dark part of her hutch and I put hay in it. The wired part she has a fleece to lie on and her hay rack since it attachs to the wire. She then has a play pen which she can enter through the side of her hutch.

I could put her litter tray out in the play pen with the new hay rack over it, like others have done here but do you think she will then just use her litter tray to wee in or do you think she will also still be going to the dark part of her hutch and weeing there too! I don't want to start up two litter trays, I'm always tidying up after her anyway!!

They have two holes to hook on screws or double sided padded tape but I found the tape just fell down. My dad put two screws in the wall for me and I line the holes up and slide it and it stays put. Even when Smudge tries to get in it *ahem* I may have to go back to putting it the other way round if he continues doing that.

Mine have their cosy space under the bed but my lops never weed under there unless they were feeling rough. Will have to see how we go with the trio. So far there's been no wees under there.

Back