• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Thor! My new dwarf lop bunny! hes almost 11 weeks old :)

He's adorable but what set up have you got the buns in? As pet shops and breeders don't recommend the right size set up/ hutch/ cage or right diet.... I learnt this the hard way and my bun suffered for it until I got help from ru

Here's a good site for rabbit care http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/ahutchisnotenough.htm

You can be an owner for years and not know these things it's not your fault it's that shops and breeders are misinformed and give you wrong info or sometimes they know and give you wrong info to get the sale so you don't realise how hard it can be

He's adorable but what set up have you got the buns in? As pet shops and breeders don't recommend the right size set up/ hutch/ cage or right diet.... I learnt this the hard way and my bun suffered for it until I got help from ru

Here's a good site for rabbit care http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/ahutchisnotenough.htm

You can be an owner for years and not know these things it's not your fault it's that shops and breeders are misinformed and give you wrong info or sometimes they know and give you wrong info to get the sale so you don't realise how hard it can be

Heyy, thanks for the advice, atm hes just in a small section of my room sectioned off, with a litter tray, food area, bedding area.. I just decided i wanted one, so we went today, before we were organised. But i plan on making heaps more room space and levels for him to stretch on and all that, my sister megs is pretty good with rabbits, so shes helped me out, first one since i was a lil kid :) like 9yo
Ill post pics when im happy with his sleeping area, hes gna be a walk about bunny with a run on the grassm for play time etc as well

Is that that right way to hold a rabbit?? :shock:

She is supporting hips and shoulders so pretty good! Though I would imagine bun was held like this for the time it took to take the photo, rather than this being how bun is normally held! (I hope!)

He is a little cutie, I have a Thor too! :love:

Just checking you know the basics here, buns should have about 80% of their diet hay with pellet food rather than muesli and controlled amounts of veg/forage. Any diet changes should be done very very slowly, I hope you and your bunny have a lot of fun getting to know each other!

no, i dont hold him like that only for that pic, i let him jump on my lap when he wants to be held, if i do pick him up i use a blacket to get him out of his cage, so he doesnt kick and hurt himself on the doors, and when hes out i sit down and lift him on my lap, he sometimes likes to climb me, hurts but cute.
Oh and my bunny diet atm, is LOTS of hay, pellets, lots of fresh water and the occasionally treat, havnt really given him to much veggies atm as he is still young, did enjoy one large leaf of lettuce the other day, he was so happy afterwards :) thanks for reassuring tho :) good to know some ppl actually are on here to help and not judge :)

Back