• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spare a moment to vote for a bunny? Brave Pet Awards....

stek2012

New Kit
Morning all,

I'm a rare poster but long time lurker on this list.

Today I had to post though.
Yesterday we found out that one of our bunnies, Chalk, has been nominated for a 'Brave Pet Award' by Vets Now who have treated her.

Chalk has been every bit a medical miracle since just after we got her in 2007.
In May 2008 she got very ill incredibly quickly - our vets opened her up and discovered she'd had an abscess in her stomach burst causing peritonitis - we were told she wouldn't survive the weekend. She did and recovered well, then had a reaction to the stitching material and abscesses popped up all over her stomach. Another op later and different material and she recovered well.

Since then she's been lively, happy and mischievous like all happy bunnies.
But every few months she has a recurrance of abscesses that cannot be explained.

In total she's now had 12 different operations under generals.

Earlier this year she has had 3 ops for dental abscesses and an amazing op to remove 12 marble sized abcesses from her liver.
Again we were told she was unlikely to make it, due to her will to live and some superb skills from Great Western Exotics she has come back stronger than ever.

She's the only bunny to be nominated for Brave Pet and my wife and I are doing all we can to rally the votes.

If you could spare a minute to vote for here there's two ways you can do so - you can actually do do both if you wish:

Either on Vets Now's website: http://www.vetsnowreferrals.com/bravest-pets-swindon/

Or on Facebook by liking her picture: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.441020349279028.102696.155679414479791&type=1

Thanks very much in advance!

Steve

I voted. What a lovely bunny you have.

Please post more and put some pictures up. I'm sure lots of us would like to find out more about chalk. :D

Thank you so much.
I'll certainly post some more info and pics soon.

Meanwhile here's a cute pic of her voting for herself:
2d1srvc.jpg

I voted. What a lovely bunny you have.

Please post more and put some pictures up. I'm sure lots of us would like to find out more about chalk. :D

Thank you everyone - overwhelmed by your kindness.

Mainly hoping that the press running a story about the fact that rabbits do get really sick might encourage more people to really think about buying them. (I can dream right?)

Voted.

VetsNow saved (IMHO) my bunny Sapphire after her spay and she went into stasis. I couldn't syringe feed her anymore so I took her in. They took advise from my main vet and then they spent most of the night syringing her with a tiny syringe, 1ml at a time (she needed 10ml an hour at least, as she is a big bun), got her moving and kept her going whilst her body recovered. It's nice they are doing a comp like this!

Back