• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

transporting quads?

megansmummy

Mama Doe
How do you transport your quads? I always keep bonded buns together but 4 wont fit in one of my carriers (cabrio) any suggestions?

Bigger carrier :thumb: Or using a small indoor cage in the car and then move the one necessary to the carry case (but remember to have someone in the car with them), or maybe a dog crate, or a carry case on wheels- really depends on the bunnies. I have a carrier six of my nethies could fit in, but obviously say four french lops would need VERY different transporation.

I have a large ferplast one, but a dog crate (with a blanket draped over) would work just as well. I don't know about ones with wheels though, but have seen them- they are pretty expensive though.

I used to have a big carrier but it hurt my back to lift so I now spilt into pairs. That said they have been bonded for years and they are never split for long I wouldnt do that with a new bond

I use a 24" dog crate to transport multiples to the vet - 3 or 4 cats or several bunnies. It really needs 2 people to carry it easily, although I have struggled to do it on my own - and it will go through doors OK. Pairs (cats or rabbits) are easier in carriers - but they do get quite heavy and awkward to carry any distance. Otherwise, I would consider taking them in individual carriers if it is a short trip. Also makes them easier to sort out at the vet, if that is where you are going.

I find pairs in a cabrio difficult to carry, goodness know show I'm going to manage with three. I need someone to build me a little trolley to put it on!

I thought about the small dog crate but I dont think i would be able to carry it on my own :? will check out those links thanks! :)

I have a large wooden carrier that fits three (you can get them for four tiny rabbits but probably wouldn't fit in most cars). If I had four, I'd split them into two pairs and put them in modified storage boxes (lots of large air holes drilled in) as they're really spacious and open from the top which is much easier to get rabbits out of and doesn't result in woodshavings everywhere :lol: Not to mention you can just put one on top of the other and you have much more room

When I had a quad I just used to pick one companion to go with the one who was going to the vet. I can't physically carry four bunnies (have arthritis in my shoulders) and have to have help if I take my trio together which isn't always available - especially if a bun becomes ill suddenly.

Temporarily separating them never upset my quad's bond at all.

How do you transport your quads? I always keep bonded buns together but 4 wont fit in one of my carriers (cabrio) any suggestions?

Erm...is nobody else curious to know who's going to be bonded with who??:D I've left this thread a couple of days to see if it gets brought up...maybe its been discussed already somewhere else (or maybe I'm just too nosy for my own good:oops:) :lol:

I would just use a plastic bottomed cage like you might have as their base at home. You should be able to carry it okay with two hands.

Erm...is nobody else curious to know who's going to be bonded with who??:D I've left this thread a couple of days to see if it gets brought up...maybe its been discussed already somewhere else (or maybe I'm just too nosy for my own good:oops:) :lol:

Ahhh I wondered how long it would take... :lol: Poppy, Daisy, Lucky and Hope :love: They are off for bonding hopefully the 10th december :love: Fingers crossed!! Rosey is also off for bonding possibly this weekend with a possible husbun from honeybunnies too ;)

Last edited:
Ahhh I wondered how long it would take... :lol: Poppy, Daisy, Lucky and Hope :love: They are off for bonding hopefully the 10th december :love: Fingers crossed!! Rosey is also off for bonding possibly this weekend with a possible husbun from honeybunnies too ;)

Eeeeek! Exciting stuff!! :love: hope you didn't mind me asking:lol: Thats gonna be cute cute cute!!

I just hope it goes smoothly! The lady bonding them is known as the bunny whisperer locally ;)

Oooh I may well take her details from you...Angie's magic love dust lost its magic sparkle on Ellie and PeterPan :roll: :( I'm still trying to get them to be friends, they were fine and dandy for 3 weeks then had a big barny... so I could do with her whispering to them if she's got a minute!!:lol:

Last edited:
I split into pairs if they are all going or if it's just one then I take them with their best friend.:wave:

Back