• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gerbils.Pics REHOMED!

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
We have a pair of gerbils here and one of them is the prettiest gerbil I've ever seen
they are up for adoption if anyone is interested
Would you like pics?

in a minute!:lol:

Last edited:
Come on Jill it's been an hour now taps fingers on desk.

I know how easy gerbils are to photo so I don't know what your messing about at ;) :p

Cannot get a pic of them..little blighters keep coming out until they see the camera then scuttling back into the tunnels :lol:

and Tracy where is pic of bunny? :D

both boys, both 16 months old
One is agouti and one a lovely sandy colour with a white spot on his forehead and neck

and named them..you'll recognise these minimallow!...
Gobi and Rangipo :D

Cannot get a pic of them..little blighters keep coming out until they see the camera then scuttling back into the tunnels :lol:

and Tracy where is pic of bunny? :D

both boys, both 16 months old
One is agouti and one a lovely sandy colour with a white spot on his forehead and neck

and named them..you'll recognise these minimallow!...
Gobi and Rangipo :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: excuses excuses, and Jill it's dark how can I take a pic of Mackinley in the dark :?

Mention of sunflower seeds takes me back ... I had a friend who owned a gerbil back in the mid 1980s, and we were forever feeding him sunflower seeds. He had a tiny cage, gerbil care has come on a lot since then. But we loved him. :love:

Pics :D

their home

gerbilcage.jpg

Gobi the agouti on the left and Rangipo..very pretty pale tan and white..on right

gobiandrangipo.jpg

and the other way round

Rangipoandgobi.jpg

Rangipo is the more confident and has been on their wheel..which squeaks!!! and Kizzy, one of our dogs, thinks it is the gerbils squeaking and will not move from watching the cage:lol:

They are both lovely :love::love:

The one you think is Agouti looks Nutmeg to me Jill. Easily mistaken for agouti if you aren't familiar with them! The way to tell the difference is agouti will have a white tummy and nutmeg will be self coloured. The other one is either a spotted saffron or a spotted argente. Easiest way to tell is to ruffle the fur back the way and if it's got a white undercoat it's saffron, or if it's a bluey/slate colour then its argente. Hope you can get a good home for them. They must be quite young as the nutmeg still has a very dark coat.

They are both lovely :love::love:

The one you think is Agouti looks Nutmeg to me Jill. Easily mistaken for agouti if you aren't familiar with them! The way to tell the difference is agouti will have a white tummy and nutmeg will be self coloured. The other one is either a spotted saffron or a spotted argente. Easiest way to tell is to ruffle the fur back the way and if it's got a white undercoat it's saffron, or if it's a bluey/slate colour then its argente. Hope you can get a good home for them. They must be quite young as the nutmeg still has a very dark coat.

they are 16 months old and no chance of ruffling coats yet :lol:

They are beautiful. :love: The gerbil I knew back in my schooldays was agouti ... but very rotund compared to any gerbil I've seen a photo of recently.

After a bit of research and Minimallow's advice! ... the Gobi is a nutmeg and Rangipo is a white spot argente..how posh! :lol:

Back