• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Individual: A lovely lady - Lop Harlequin -Milton Keynes /More PHOTO ADDED

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf Steve C

Physical description - A lovely lady who is i believe a `Lop Harlequin` but i`m no expert at rabbit breeds (please see photo). She is a big girl but has lovely colouring and of course the half face look hence the name ( i will get more photos to)

Temperament - A little moody but thats more nervous i think. She is definately not a childrens rabbit, an understanding adult is needed. But its not a nasty temperament, she's happy to be about and get in the way when being cleaned out!

Age - 5 for certain

Neuter - No

Vaccinations - None

Health - Never any trouble at all, save for being a little `overweight`;)

Type of home - She currently has a run to herself set below a hutch, and i would not want her to have anything less. the hutch / run are also available FOC. Stress again not a kids rabbit in my opinion, wouldn't be fair on her.

Location - Leighton Buzzard, so Beds, Herts, Bucks, Milton Keynes area

Reason for homing - She was left with me after my partner and I split as I had the garden. Nothing sinister, I am just moving on but probably to a flat. I will not however let her go without good scrutiny, its not her fault.

bunny.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Steve C

I'm sorry you are having to rehome your rabbit.

I have so many people seeking a female rabbit to pair up with single males and have no females to offer. I could suggest they contact you but for one thing. You say she's not neutered.

I'd really recommend you get your lady neutered because (apart from the health implications of unspayed females) she would then be able to be bonded immediately (and therefore more likely to be adopted by someone who already has a bunny).

The difficulty you will have is that with so many neutered ladies in rescues also looking for homes across the UK she has lots of competition; anyone wishing to take your lady on would have to get her spayed themselves prior to them introducing her to their own boy/girl. That means they'd have to house her intially and that could be for a few months post spay. It really doesn't work bonding entire rabbits as their can be very defensive and protect themselves by being 'aggressive'. So if you got her seen by the vet and spayed this week, then while you are looking for a new home, she can be recovering from her op and be 'ready to go'.

Of course vaccinations are also needed but this is something a new owner could take on.

I hope you find a suitable home and that she goes on to having a lovely life with a boy bun for company.

Looking forward to seeing photos.

Helen

Last edited:
Thank you for your advice, would seem she will need neutering which i will sort out next week. Could she be re-housed during her convalescence?

Last edited:
Thank you for your advice, would seem she will need neutering which i will sort out next week. Could she be re-housed during her convalescence?

Hello Steve she can, it only takes around a week to recover X

She is truly gorgeous. :love: Hope she recovers well from her spay and hope you manage to find a brilliant home for her.

She's stayed overnight at the vets after her op, wasn't going through the `motions` properly, but hopefully back today.. then will need to pull the stops out to get her homed..

She's back now and all seems well, having a check up saturday. I would pay for any vaccinations should anybody be interested in having her

It's so lovely that you are willing to get her neutered and vaccinated to help rehome her. I wish more people were as kind and responsible about rehoming their rabbits.

Good on you :D

Everybody has been very nice about her, but no one is interested..... Any help with a rescue centre close, in Beds or Bucks, much appreciated please. She has to go soon because I am in the next two weeks, broken homes and all that....Thanks

This is heartbreaking, you obviously care about her, and have done everything you can to get her rehomed, and it's so sad that no one so far has offered to take her on. Please don't take it personally, there are so many bunnies already in rescue (I think latest estimate was 65,000). Really hoping someone can offer this girly a home :love:

This is heartbreaking, you obviously care about her, and have done everything you can to get her rehomed, and it's so sad that no one so far has offered to take her on. Please don't take it personally, there are so many bunnies already in rescue (I think latest estimate was 65,000). Really hoping someone can offer this girly a home :love:

No if people don't want her, thats fine, it was just a thought, but she has to go somewhere, so any help with any rescue centres would be much appreciated.

Back