• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are my rabbits ok being able to go out in the rain?

jolmbagpuss

Young Bun
I have two rabbits which have a two storey hutch. They also have an outdoor area for them to play around in. I leave the hutch door open all the time but lately when it's been raining, I've noticed they are a bit wet from goin outside in the rain. Are they okay or should I keep them locked up in the winter months?

They should be ok. My run is always getting wet no matter how much I try to waterproof it :roll: but the buns seem ok with a bit of light wet, haven't had any problems so far.

They should be fine - would probably be a lot less happy if they were confined to their hutch. Mine sit out in the rain and snow and don't seem to even notice.

i've had the same concerns but mine appear to be daft too and sit in the pouring wet area that isnt covered in tarpaulin!!,!

I've noticed today that they are sat upstairs in their hutch so least they know its warmer up there. My step dad also built a shelter to go over their litter tray but they don't seem to want to use it and use the soaking wet litter tray outside instead!

I've put Peter out in a wet run this afternoon, Its not raining now but due to constant heavy rain since yesterday the patio is soaking, absolutley covered in puddles! He's got his litter tray full of hay and I also put a rubber backed door mat down so he has somewhere dry to sit but he is still sat in a puddle :roll: I've got his towel ready for a gentle rub down later :lol: He loves those!

Back