• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My numbers a dwindling and once their gone I won't be getting anymore

WeeBarraxO

Warren Veteran
Was just thinking ... I have went from a group of 10 and 2 singles .. And now only have the group of 5 left after loosing magic :(

And I really don't think I will get anymore buns once my current ones pass over, my health isn't always great and I have to rely on OH a lot of the time don't get me wrong I still have a few years with my lot and may well change my mind by then, but ATM I am thinking I won't be getting anymore, my youngest just now is 2 oldest is unknown age maybe 4 or 5 ?

So yeah just been having a think was wondering of anyone else has ever came to that decision ?

How sad, but I guess only you can make that decision as you have to take into your health, age etc.

I haven't had to make that choice yet but I'm sure when the time comes you'll know what to do - you have to let your head rule your heart sometimes.

not quite the same but we have downsized a lot in the past year, partly for health reasons and we have also put a time limit on how long we carry on as it is certainly not something we can carry on doing indefinitely, physically, emotionally or financially :(

So sorry you have lost so many buns.

Financially we cannot have anymore pets. I really don't know what I will do if one of my bonded pair becomes single. :(

Hopefully you'll have quite a few years to enjoy your remaining bunnies, and perhaps circumstances might change for you. xx

I can understand that. Perhaps in the future you might consider a pair, just see how things go. No need to make these decisions right now :)

I doubt I will get any more bunnies until I'm down to one. Four was too many for me health wise (no reflection on Mischa obviously, I still miss him terribly), I'm hoping that with three in a group things will be easier for me and better for them space wise.

im the same hun, my numbers have decreased so fast this year once theyre gone i wont be having anymore.
(Big hugs to you)

I'm at about 11 now. I'm letting my numbers drop off too. However I have a single male that lost his partner - he's been panacured & at some point I will get him another girlfriend.

I'm going to be looking at a bun who has had/has EC or lived with another bun who has though. Plus I want an adult, not a youngster.

Think my youngest bun is 2....

I got several 5-8 year olds.

I don't think there's any need to may a concrete decision right now. Thinking a about it can be useful but no decisions need to be made until you're actually in a place where you need to make the decision.

Yes me too, I worship my two little lovelies and they have changed my life in ways I could never have imagined BUT they are so flippin fragile and the stress is unreal! So no more bunnies for me either :(

I don't think there's any need to may a concrete decision right now. Thinking a about it can be useful but no decisions need to be made until you're actually in a place where you need to make the decision.

That's what I was trying to say but Sky-O's said it a whole lot better than me. :thumb:

No more bunnies = no more life! I am not ready to give up rabbits just yet . Physically ok, financially ok, emotionally ? While I can I will! God willing of course. If I have to give up I will go and live in Rio! Haha!

Yes me too, I worship my two little lovelies and they have changed my life in ways I could never have imagined BUT they are so flippin fragile and the stress is unreal! So no more bunnies for me either :(

This is exactly how I feel. I won't be getting anymore after my 3. They bring so much joy but I often feel that these days the stress is morethan the joy.

I probably won't get any more, but then, I say that about every type of pet and I see one in bad need of a home and I go get it :roll: :lol: I'd be happier with my setups if I could have them as a five, but with a 3 and a 2 I feel like none of them are getting enough space.

Sorry to hear you lost Magic WeeBarra, she was my favourite of your bunnies. RIP Magic.

I will have to have more as I have two singles at the moment :/ but I will not get into the never ending bunny cycle, I love my bunnies but to be honest I don't even want anymore even though I know they need partners, I really don't like the stress of illness with elvis and his dental, the thought of ever seeing flystrike etc. I love my bunnies to bits and will give them the best care I can for all the years they are with me but I will not be a forever bunny owner I don't think.

I'm leaving the decision until I have to. I've always said once we're left with one it will either be rehomed to live with a partner or will come inside with us because I don't want any more rabbits, but then I get days where I really can't imagine my life without them.

I think the deciding factor will be whether I'm in a position to adopt a pair of dogs. Financially I wouldn't want to do both dogs and buns.
Then again, if I'm not in a position to adopt some dogs then there's a good chance I'd get ferrets instead, they're just so much less stressful than rabbits, and easier to get someone to look after if I want to go away.

Who knows though, by the time I get to that point I could have totally changed my mind.

I'm not taking on any more as I won't have the garden forever and feel it would be unfair to move any bun who'd known the space/freedom they have here to smaller quarters. So the aim is to stay here for the life of the existing buns but then to sell the house after that. :(

May get more if I ever get my dream cottage in the country in years to come though... :love:

I came to that decision with the Guinea pigs, I loved having them and really miss them but I knew enough was enough, when the last one died I knew there would be no more:(. I don't think we would have another bun when Poppy eventually goes but I will have to wait and see.

I have also said no more younger dogs too, I don't mind taking on the oldies but I will never have a young one again, I love every minute of them but I do know its the oldies that need my help:D

we have had house bunnies for 20 years and when we lost our last two ( bonded ) and our daughters had just left home we said we would not have anymore. we really enjoyed have a spick and span and clean house for a year or so we were happy. we started doing rabbit boarding in a purpose built bunny lodge and said we would get our fix that way. My younger daughter who has 4 rabbits and degus herself found barney , a very handsome rabbit that needed rehoming, after a lot of thought we decided to take him on, he was a nightmare at first , but we quickly realised how much we had missed having a house bunny, now he is a delight, the best behaved, cleanest and most low maintenace rabbit we have ever had.

the key is moderation, one good house rabbit is easy , however we are looking into a bonded pair for outside.

if you truely love rabbits your home will feel so empty with out one, you dont miss it until you aint got it

Back