• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help please

Leelow

Young Bun
Hey guys I am getting my very own Bunny soon, so what do I need to make it the happiest Bunny it can be?
- Foods?
- Bedding?
- Toys?
- Cage?
- Other needs?

All those things, yes, and a decent rabbit vet (normal vets aren't qualified in rabbit medicine as rabbits are classed as 'exotics') and a fat wallet to pay the vet bills with! Rabbits are expensive animals! They also need a friend of their own species, so you should get two.

The RWAF is fantastic for advice and the first place you should go for info:
Advice on accommodation and hutch+run sizes: http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/ahutchisnotenough.htm
Advice on everything else: http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/resources/index.php?section=leaflets.html

Thanks

All those things, yes, and a decent rabbit vet (normal vets aren't qualified in rabbit medicine as rabbits are classed as 'exotics') and a fat wallet to pay the vet bills with! Rabbits are expensive animals! They also need a friend of their own species, so you should get two.

The RWAF is fantastic for advice and the first place you should go for info:
Advice on accommodation and hutch+run sizes: http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/ahutchisnotenough.htm
Advice on everything else: http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/resources/index.php?section=leaflets.html

My sister has a rabbit already so it will have a friend :) and Im willing to pay for vet bills and getting it D-sexed

My sister has a rabbit already so it will have a friend :) and Im willing to pay for vet bills and getting it D-sexed

I assume you mean you are going to bond your rabbit with your sister's so they can live together. You would be better, therefore, in getting one of the opposite sex and for them both to be neutered before you attempt bonding.

The biggest shed/playhouse/kennel you can afford. Tunnels are always a big hit with my lot, cant say they bother with many other toys. cardboard boxes are fantastic for toys. Keep vaccinations up to date. :D

Hey

I assume you mean you are going to bond your rabbit with your sister's so they can live together. You would be better, therefore, in getting one of the opposite sex and for them both to be neutered before you attempt bonding.

both getting neutered :)

The biggest shed/playhouse/kennel you can afford. Tunnels are always a big hit with my lot, cant say they bother with many other toys. cardboard boxes are fantastic for toys. Keep vaccinations up to date. :D

That's not going to happen in australia :(

When you say your bunny will have a 'friend' - do you and your sister live in the same house?

They will have to be properly bonded in neutral territory and live together permanently, you can't seperate them willy nilly :) You can't just put them together when you want, just so you are aware.

You will need the largest cage you can find, often cages are insufficient and unsuitable as rabbits need a large area to live in, sometimes people dedicate a room to them, or pen off an area of the room with C&C grids, pen panels etc.

What are your plans?

hey

When you say your bunny will have a 'friend' - do you and your sister live in the same house?

They will have to be properly bonded in neutral territory and live together permanently, you can't seperate them willy nilly :) You can't just put them together when you want, just so you are aware.

You will need the largest cage you can find, often cages are insufficient and unsuitable as rabbits need a large area to live in, sometimes people dedicate a room to them, or pen off an area of the room with C&C grids, pen panels etc.

What are your plans?

yes we live together, and if they are good living together (my bunny and megans) then they will, but if they dont get along i will have to invest in getting it a friend.

What are your plans?

I didn't realise that vaccinations aren't given in Australia. That would be my worry then.

Look forward to seeing pics of your bunny. Hope all goes well with neuter and introducing it to your sister's rabbit. :wave:

hey everyone

I was going to use a different site but found this one more interesting

Last edited:
Back