• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet Carrier - What do you think?

I prefer a carrier which has mental grid so the bunnies can not eat their way out and which is easier to clean.

ETA the one on the link looks nice but I would not leave a bunny unattended in it and I would check to make sure it would fit your bunnies in, my pair always go to the vets together.

It looks very small to me, also the mesh panel is very small so I'd worry about ventilation, also my two would have eaten out of it before I got them from the house to the car and then it would be bye bye bunny :(

It's very cute but personally I don't think it is suitable.

Edit- just looked at it again and realised that the zip is very very close to the buns ears, I would think the bun would not like the sound of the zip and it would be scary, or painfully loud!

I've seen this before and it is really cute :love: But I don't think it's suitable either. Hopscotch would probably chew his way out :lol: he chewed through the zip on one of my bags a few weeks ago so really wouldn't trust this!

I agree,it does look small, have you not tried the plastic ones with metal meshing

When i take mine to the vets i line it with newspaper and then put in loads of hay, mine even hads a place where you can attach bowls, so i use that for a few pellets and the other i fill with a little bit of water (so i doesnt spill) i also attach a water bottle

If you look at the photos it'll give you more of an idea on the size. The cats and dog look really squished! :(

I have two like that but bigger, I've had it for 2 years. Its great and never had any problems with chewing etc.

Is it for a pair? or just Honey?

I use the Cabrios and I'm so happy with them. They fit a small pair with room to spare and a trio comfortably.

I use the pet cargo cabrios too and I'm evangelical about them. They're perfect for buns and every time I'm at the vets people ask about them. There,s no 'dragging' out or tipping out of animals and they're a good size for larger buns too. In a car a seat belt will go through the handle so they're safely strapped in. You can get them at various places online. I've had mine years and they're still safe and secure and no silly bits to lose. Easy to clean too...I told you I'm evangelical about them! I'll shut up now!:oops:

I use the pet cargo cabrios too and I'm evangelical about them. They're perfect for buns and every time I'm at the vets people ask about them. There,s no 'dragging' out or tipping out of animals and they're a good size for larger buns too. In a car a seat belt will go through the handle so they're safely strapped in. You can get them at various places online. I've had mine years and they're still safe and secure and no silly bits to lose. Easy to clean too...I told you I'm evangelical about them! I'll shut up now!:oops:

I love these too :thumb:

Fluffiebunnie I would say that there isn't enough ventilation in that carry cage you have linked to. It's good that it is mesh and therefore darker, but the lack of open grids means little air circulation and a panting, stressed bun in a warm car is going to get quite hot I should think.... heat rises and so you need the vents at the top ideally. x

I love it!

I have this one http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/...l_bags/fashionable_dog_bags_and_purses/217618

and it fits my two lops perfectly :)

They seem to prefer it to the metal one as they are snug and dont slide about, its dark and they feel pretty safe and hidden!
You zip the sides of to get them out, so not much stress.

I still use the plastic & metal one for my bigger pair, but this one is me favourite - I want another! x

I really like this one :thumb:

Back