• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

For those that use newspaper in the litter boxes?

megansmummy

Mama Doe
:wave:

Where do you get it from? I would like to start using some along with the megazorb as I think it would be easier to get all the megazorb out if it was ontop of paper! But i never buy a newspaper and its seems daft just to buy a stack for the bunnies :roll: I stuck a message on my FB wall for local friends to save them for me...but no one replied :( :lol:

ETA i used to use free papers from outside tesco (grab and armful each time i went in...) but they moved the stand inside! :shock::lol:

I have to buy them. Costs me ~£10/mo :(

People have stopped buying newspapers i know since they got iPad's :cry:

My grandma saves theirs, my mom and dad save theirs and we buy one or two a week just in case. I don't actually use that much, maybe 8 sheets. They have the asda hay to pad out the bottom which soaks wee up. It's always been fine for them though :)

A friend gets newspapers and saves them for me. We used to grab a wad of free ones from Aldi/Asda/etc whenever we were in there as well as saving any free ones through the door (although we don't get these very often now). I did think about asking at the dump (recycling centre) or seeing if I could take some out of those places where you put newspapers for recycling but I never did as I don't need to now. Or ask on freecycle/Facebook/Twitter?

I don't actually use so many now Mischa's gone :)cry:) as he used to get through a lot of water. I thought it was the pair of them but I can now see it was mainly him. We were going to find out what was up once we'd sorted his abscesses :(

My Mum and Dad save papers for me :D We very rarely buy a paper (unless collecting tokens for lego :lol:) but My Dad reads something every day!

Hi, we never buy any. My dad brings them home off the train when commuters leave them behind. Also, a friend of ours saves them.

The same friend used to save hers from work as well!

On one occasion I just went out at night and took them out of the neighbour's recycling bin too! :oops:

Do you have any hotels local to you? We have a hotel, and we have boxes and boxes of newspapers, because I'd guess 75% of guests will read a newspaper while they are staying and leave it in their bin, so I fish them out :lol: we actually have too many, but you're too far away to give them to you.

But I'm sure they wouldn't mind saving some. Not talking big chain hotels, but small local ones and b&b's would probably be OK with that. Pubs too, lots of people will go into a pub, read a paper with a drink, then leave it on the bar.

Do you have any hotels local to you? We have a hotel, and we have boxes and boxes of newspapers, because I'd guess 75% of guests will read a newspaper while they are staying and leave it in their bin, so I fish them out :lol: we actually have too many, but you're too far away to give them to you.

But I'm sure they wouldn't mind saving some. Not talking big chain hotels, but small local ones and b&b's would probably be OK with that. Pubs too, lots of people will go into a pub, read a paper with a drink, then leave it on the bar.

And cafes!

I pick up a metro and an evening standard every day on the way to and from work, the only downside is that i have to take staples out of them, but that's no problem really. :wave:

I used to buy mine too until I joined a running group and now I am supplied with newpapers by them. Not suggesting you join a running group just to get papers though!!! Would be a bit extreme! :lol:

I was just thinking I live in a close of 12 other houses...a few I dont know the people/they are rented so tenants change all the time but there are a good 6 or 7 that have been here as long as I have...I could pop a note through the letterbox and ask them to save them for me...they know we have the buns as they always see me lugging hay bales around etc :oops:

I was just thinking I live in a close of 12 other houses...a few I dont know the people/they are rented so tenants change all the time but there are a good 6 or 7 that have been here as long as I have...I could pop a note through the letterbox and ask them to save them for me...they know we have the buns as they always see me lugging hay bales around etc :oops:

That was something I thought about doing as well but never got round to it :oops:

My mum and dad save their papers for me, plus OH mum and dad, plus I get some from work and OH gets some from work, and any more I can grab!

Friends and family collect them for me so I'm lucky.

At the moment my rabbits are currently reading the sun because of the free lego offer recently.

I also pop into lush and get the lush times fairly regularly, its not as absorbent but still does the job.

I put an ad on freecycle and a lady saves me hers I get a bin bag full a month from her and the same from a friend. If I get low I nab a few out of the paper recycling bins. Its not naughty because they go back in again a week later just a bit wet! (the tip have said this is ok, they let me put the hay and poo in the garden skip too )

Back