• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rupert and Sapphire's Progress U/D AGAIN 22/11 - I just can't believe it....

Kavanne

Mama Doe
Hello :)

You may remember a few weeks ago my buns fell out terribly :( They've been separated, but still both in my room, for about 2 weeks. This weekend they went to a bonder to try and help. Also, on Sunday I slathered my room in vinegar solution to try and erase all their territories created in the last few weeks. My house now smells like a chippy.

Anyway, they are back home now. Their bond is tenuous but I only have to go to work tonight then I have a week off to be with them.

Just got home:

40HH0.jpg

Pic showing one of their many wounds...
oEupW.jpg

Not out of the woods yet and I still may end up with 2 single buns but I am trying to stay positive and hope for the best!

Last edited:
Well they were ok last night. My landlady had instructions on what to do if it kicked off but she didn't need to do anything.

I tried to give them a couple of extra panels in the pen just now but the difference was immediate and Rupert chased sapphire away from the food bowl. I put it back HOWEVER Rupert didn't actually attack saph, it was just chasing away, then stopping.

I think we are getting somewhere but any suggestions are MORE than welcome!!

I was wondering if I should give them any toys or could they cause territorial behaviour?

*hugs*

My two are seperate at the mo so I can't really advise but I know how hard this can feel xxx

I just want to make life more interesting for them but I don't want to risk creating more fights. What can I do to try and help keep them occupied? I hate that I have to keep them in such a small space with nothing to do

Hugs and positive vibes from me too!!!!!

I really do hope this works out for you.

Fee x

I want to do what's best for them but the lack of replies on here makes me feel like I must be doing something wrong, but no one wants to tell me

Meant to say, Floppy and Willow are confined too just now and look positively bored and fed up.

I have tried hiding their food deep in hay, toilet rolls with kale and hay inside and an old box with parsley inside.... All in all, it kept them occupied for about 15 minutes a time....

Fee xx

Since last Wednesday night. He is a bit older but not wiser and is a good bit bigger than Willow.

He has been a complete pain since coming back from Debbies and has been chasing and humping her and stealing her food. I have been a bit anxious but she isnt giving up so ai should be a little more positive.

Like you I HATE the thought of them confined in a small space bored rigid, but if it means a successful bond so be it... it is a worrying time isnt it, i do feel your anxiety....

Cant suggest anything but perhaps the toilet roll each filled with hay and herbs or veggies may keep each occupied for a short time and break the monotomy.

Hugs
Fee x

On mon and tues I had to properly scatter feed pellets but this morn I've put them in a pile together and they seem ok with that! Next step... Bowl!

I want to do what's best for them but the lack of replies on here makes me feel like I must be doing something wrong, but no one wants to tell me

Awww, don't worry, I'm sure it's not that. It's probably just that the people who've viewed it don't have any experience to be able to advise. Perhaps if you amended the title to add something like - help needed from experienced bonders please (or something shorter but to the same effect because that probably wouldn't fit :lol:) - it might grab more attention.

I feel for you. Alfie and Bubbles had a fall out very soon after bonding and I spent a week or so wondering if their bond was ruined; thankfully it wasn't but I was so worried at the time, so I know how you feel.

Oh bless you...I dont think ots doing anything wrong bu then im not at all experienced in bonding... ((hugs)) your doing great becuase your going at their pace and doing whats best for them :) I often feel the same when i only get a few replies but try not to take it to heart xxx

How long would you give it before you gave up? Since they've been back on Monday There's no change. Rupert still very aggressive towards sapphire and she afraid of him

The problem seems to be pellets. He's very possessive and doesn't like her getting close when they're eating them so I basically have to feed them a pile each at opposite ends of the pen...

Last edited:
Hi Kavanne... How are things today.......?? Been thinking about you wondering how the gruesome twosome were doing???

Hugs.... Xxxxxcc

Oops edit. Didnt see your post sorry... I dont know apart from editing Title to HELP!!!?

Perhaps give them pellets seperately while distracting the other??

Last edited:
I'm so sorry as i cant be any assistance.. You have tried so hard!!!!
I feel for you

Xx

If they are fine other than feeding time I would personally keep on doing the separate feeding areas for pellets and see how things work out

How long would you give it before you gave up? Since they've been back on Monday There's no change. Rupert still very aggressive towards sapphire and she afraid of him

The problem seems to be pellets. He's very possessive and doesn't like her getting close when they're eating them so I basically have to feed them a pile each at opposite ends of the pen...

My Rupert is a bully at pellet time, so I have to seperate them, they're fine the rest of the time x

Back