• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need a small indoor cage!

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
60cm is too small I think, 80cm may be too big.. I'm not sure. Will have to measure their shed, it's 6x4.

Okay, my bunnies are annoying :lol: Donny and Lola's shed is very cold at night and they're a bit thick. They will not snuggle into things. Not hay, not blankets or towels, nothing. Only each other which is :love: but I want more :evil: :lol:

Their litter tray needs replacing as Donny has a big bum and its a squeeze for both of them :lol:

This says 70cm.. Is it? It would be perfect if so but I have never seen a 70cm cage!

26A217B8-8E1A-45A7-A877-AE429F1907FA-452-000000667B73C5E1.jpg

I want to get my dad to attach some wood so I can stick a towel and blanket over the top and have that as their litter tray because then it will be cosy for them :D

Does anybody know anywhere that sells cheaper cages? I'm thinking £40-£50 max :)

Last edited:
If I were you I wouldn't bother making the litter tray warm, and would just make an insulated bed area. Have you got a carrier for them? If you wrap that in a few blankets that might make a nice warm bed.

If I were you I wouldn't bother making the litter tray warm, and would just make an insulated bed area. Have you got a carrier for them? If you wrap that in a few blankets that might make a nice warm bed.

They wouldn't use it, they have their run shelter in there but they just dig the blankets out and sit on top. They spend a lot of time in their litter tray so I thought it would be better space wise, that way it's all in one corner instead of 2 :) I have found an 80cm one for £30 I ordered, an expensive litter tray :lol:

This is one you need. http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches_cages/rabbit_cage/140_cm_cages/179119#more

Each story is large enough for the bun to stand up and move around. It's really huge. I got a fleece blanket as flooring for additional warmth. And a warm snuggle bed which my bun doesn't use lol. The two story cage also reduced wind getting to the bottom part where the bun will probably sleep in. Cleaning is easy and the cage is a huge mansion for the rabbit. I removed the plastic houses which are useless and takes up room.

I've got a 80cm by 50cm base of a cage in my 6 by 4 shed and it fits fine with a Trixie house and hay storage thingie. :D

Oh that's such a shame! If this was posted 2 days ago, I would have had one that size to give to you! And my cousins are coming up your way in a few weeks too! :oops:

Back