• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Finally fitted runaround!! Pics

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Well this afternoon I finally got around to fixing up Summer and Skye's runaround pipe. It's taken me most of the afternoon (partly because I made the same mistake twice :oops:) but I'm very pleased with it. Just sat here really nervous now cos it's gone dark and the bunnies haven't tried it properly. They've both been in the pipe but have backed up when they get to the bend! Just hope they don't go down and not want to go back up and get stuck out in the night :roll: Will keep checking!!

Here is Summer nosying through the hole mid door fitting :)

2AA2FE84-6886-402D-881D-A0754EE6FF56-6179-000006CF1B75C750.jpg

2C4D39C0-F146-4AAD-9483-4A0C47503B9F-6179-000006CF22801D0C.jpg

A view through the hole (pre clean out :lol:)
8042A75B-BA71-4F4D-8E9A-AEF3AC766595-6179-000006CF27EF179C.jpg

Here it is from the outside...
68843BE2-3DC6-4024-83B0-D88704C0B724-6179-000006CF2E3C00D9.jpg

And here it is from inside the run...
FA90AA25-5F76-4FC8-8346-E344507A084D-6179-000006CF33A7E4F5.jpg

And from inside the hutch (excuse the greedy red eyed buns, they were more interested in their tea :lol:)
CCC75296-CC63-4074-AEF5-CE0D3B0C75A2-6179-000006CF3A336CCF.jpg

That looks brill but looks a little bit steep for them to get back up :)

Thanks :wave: It's not as steep as it looks, iv seen pics of steeper ones! Will c how they get on, the pipe has deep ridges for grip so I'm sure they'll be fine once they get brave!!

Omg just looked out and Skye is in the run!! She looks very pleased with herself munching the grass :lol: Just hope to god she can get back up ok :shock: Don't fancy scrabbling about in the dark trying to get her in!!

That looks brill but looks a little bit steep for them to get back up :)

Mine have got a tube ( not run around but very similar) and they got used to it very quickly, they scamper up and down it all the time,love it! It is much longer than yours and I used to be worried that they'd get stuck inside and I'd have to tip them out! but they're fine.

Mine runs flat though, I would make sure your buns can get up and down yours as it does look pretty steep, the tubes are very slippery, mine wheel spin in theirs even though it is flat!

The ones on the rwaf links are practically vertical :lol:

Looks great:thumb: :love:

Iv seen the vertical ones! Just found this pic...

18748240-0CEF-4910-AFC8-E09EE4E42E79-6266-000006E1C5E1A231.jpg

Mine is less steep. It looks steeper from the angle of the pic. Skye is still happily munching away on grass! Just hope she's ok when she decides she wants to go in she might have forgotten how she got there!!

Just looked out again and Skye is back in the hutch :thumb: I'm amazed by her cleverness picking it up so fast :D Just hope Summer is as quick!

It looks fab! :thumb: I wanted a runaround system for daisy and Digby, but the tunnels weren't wide enough :lol:

Yay 2 bunnies back in hutch :thumb: They're bith sat at the hole looking at it, think they think its going to disappear again if they take their eyes off it :lol: So proud of my quick learners :lol: They will have such an improved life now I'm so pleased :love: :love: :love:

Yay 2 bunnies back in hutch :thumb: They're bith sat at the hole looking at it, think they think its going to disappear again if they take their eyes off it :lol: So proud of my quick learners :lol: They will have such an improved life now I'm so pleased :love: :love: :love:

Awwwwww:love: more pics tomorrow please :D

Awwwwww:love: more pics tomorrow please :D

The amount of times today I was ready with the camera on the end of the pipe when I heard one of them scuttle down, only for them to scuttle back again :lol: Will try my bestest but don't c much daylight with em at the mo :roll:

That looks great, are you going to bed or watching them all night :lol:

I was just thinking I'm gutted I did it at this time of year (and so late in the day today!) cos i would have liked to have watched them and see their reaction but I only saw them in then back in hutch :( cos it was dark by time I finished and cleaned the hutch so just kept shining my torch out (and it's a rubbish torch :( ) but.... suppose it's for their benefit not mine. I'm happy knowing they'll be happy and at least I know they can get up and down fine so I won't be worrying when I go to work in the morning! Can't wait til next wknd when I can spend time out with them again :thumb:
Just checked on them again and they're both in hutch but Skye was on guard duty guarding the hole in case somebody steals it :lol:

I was just thinking I'm gutted I did it at this time of year (and so late in the day today!) cos i would have liked to have watched them and see their reaction but I only saw them in then back in hutch :( cos it was dark by time I finished and cleaned the hutch so just kept shining my torch out (and it's a rubbish torch :( ) but.... suppose it's for their benefit not mine. I'm happy knowing they'll be happy and at least I know they can get up and down fine so I won't be worrying when I go to work in the morning! Can't wait til next wknd when I can spend time out with them again :thumb:
Just checked on them again and they're both in hutch but Skye was on guard duty guarding the hole in case somebody steals it :lol:

:lol::lol: maybe she will be the one up all night :love:

Back