• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How high can your bunny jump?

Mrsmcarey

Mama Doe
I ask because I have Castle which just fits under my run at 62cm high.

Put Stu in while changing hay and stuff cover off run, and generally trying to remember what goes in the run:love:
Check list Rabbit, hay, food, water, treat, I walk about a mile back and forward with one thing in my hand at a time :lol:, half asleep :shock: at 1pm:shock:

Heard a scramble as I turned back to the garden to find Stu holding onto the castle top, he had jumped up and was scrambling his fat little bum to climb into the castle.
B24F96AA-4CA2-402F-B2ED-426143F0F214-1352-0000049E5A8AC4E8_zps9419f2d9.jpg

If he was clever he would have tried the other side and got out of the run:lol::lol:

They do 2ft 4 fairly easily, although its usually enough to deter them for short periods of time unless they particularly want to get over the other side. Once B leapt from the floor to the back of the sofa in one go, was probably 3ft high.

Is that correx you've got on top of the run?

Strawbs has cleared 3ft in the past. He has also jumped down from 7ft after climbing ontop of our garden fence.

if he goes for it buckley can jump up to our chest of drawers which is chest height for me (I'm 5'6). usually he wont unless there's something he wants up there though.

Grayson can just onto my bed which is 3 1/2 foot, no of my other buns have cleared over about 3 foot x

Thor jumped 107cm the other day which is 3ft 6 and a half :shock: he scared the life out of me :lol:

Most of mine will not attempt a 3' fence, but the odd one would not be kept in by 4'. All could clear 2' if they wanted, although they don't normally bother if they think have enough room.

They do 2ft 4 fairly easily, although its usually enough to deter them for short periods of time unless they particularly want to get over the other side. Once B leapt from the floor to the back of the sofa in one go, was probably 3ft high.

Is that correx you've got on top of the run?

I think that is what it is, used to be on a conservatory roof, lifted from my sisters, wire on left hand section then the 'perspex' (keeps the castle dry) and on the other end so i can get in and sit in there with him in the summer :roll: couple of wall trellises and hardboard covered with a blanket and bricks, so they dont get wet and droop, plus that's where the cats lie in the Sun. ;)

Most of mine will not attempt a 3' fence, but the odd one would not be kept in by 4'. All could clear 2' if they wanted, although they don't normally bother if they think have enough room.

the run it 2.4m x 1.2m maybe i need to build up? :lol:

If it is just a run, put a roof on it. 2-3' would be fine then for small-medium sized rabbits. Also keeps the cats out.

Back