• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vid of behaviour...and advice needed...

k1984

Mama Doe
Dolly has nibbled feet now for a while whenever anyone goes out onto the patio...or should I say 'HER patio!'. It's become such a problem that she's put holes in some of my shoes whilst I've been hanging out the washing etc, and I'm forever nearly falling over her. Infact, I have on occasion actually tripped over her!

It's very cute that she's so piny and wanting attention, but for heath and safety reasons...and the survival of mine, OHs and visitors footwear...how can I curb this behaviour?!

Vid below gives you a little idea of what she is like ALL of the time! She can nibble more persistently than demonstrated in the vid...

She looks like she is lonely and trying to get attention. Does she not have a rabbit friend?

It could also partly be those shoes - ones like that, that are soft or leather or rubber, have always been a favourite for nibbling from buns I've met.

eta - I always thought french lops were giant, didn't realise they were that small.

She wants to play wiv you, :lol::love:

I have a pair of sheepskin slipper that Stu always nibbles but my fluffy ones he just grooms for me :lol:

Thanks for your replies. She does it with any kind of shoe...doesn't seem to matter to her!

Dolly did have a friend, but they fell out terribly...she came out unscathed, but poor him had 4 french-lop sized bites on him:shock:
After vet treatment and lots of TLC he has now recovered and has been living at my mum's ever since!

Thanks for your replies. She does it with any kind of shoe...doesn't seem to matter to her!

Dolly did have a friend, but they fell out terribly...she came out unscathed, but poor him had 4 french-lop sized bites on him:shock:
After vet treatment and lots of TLC he has now recovered and has been living at my mum's ever since!

Were they both neutered? If not maybe you could try them again now that they are. If they were, then it may be best to try another chap from a rescue instead.

looks like its attention seaking!

If it wer me, i would put shoes on that she cudnt chew through and hurt my feet,

stand otuside and totally blank her!! no reaction no nothing,

then if she settles and stoped bitng, give her alot of fuss and treats!!

it may take many many weeks but it should work

Were they both neutered? If not maybe you could try them again now that they are. If they were, then it may be best to try another chap from a rescue instead.

Yup..both neutered:thumb:

I really don't know what to do with her. She's such a stroppy madam!:lol:

looks like its attention seaking!

If it wer me, i would put shoes on that she cudnt chew through and hurt my feet,

stand otuside and totally blank her!! no reaction no nothing,

then if she settles and stoped bitng, give her alot of fuss and treats!!

it may take many many weeks but it should work

I've tried this...but all she does it go for my jeans, or coat or whatever she can! It's hard to ignore her when she's putting holes in everything! She's a nightmare!

Anyone want a french lop? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I agree, you need something chew proof and to stand still and not move when she does it. Wellingtons or tough boots - second hand if you don't want to ruin a nice pair - tuck your trousers into them.

Is that her normal exercise time? I'd also give her lots of other things to do - treat ball, sticks, flower pots, things she can chew and nudge. Maybe do a little training with her - just a stick on the floor or on to a box for a treat. She might like you to hold a stick for her - Scamp always likes them better if you're holding them.

Back