• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do Your Buns Miss You?

Michelleox

Mama Doe
... when you are away?

My two furry monsters are 'on holiday' at my mums at the moment, due to my OH being in hospital and me travelling to London to see him.

I miss them loads but i know they are being very well looked after and spoilt :roll: I really doubt they miss me :( They know where they are when they get there and settle in very quickly. Are buns like dogs or cats that miss their owners, or are they generally as fickle as my two - loving anyone who approaches with a Fenugreek Crunchie? :? :lol:

Sky does. He gets separation anxiety and won't eat and makes himself ill. I can't ever sleep anywhere else other than my bed.

The longest I have left mine for was when I left Tuesday morning and returned Saturday night. My auntie looked after them in their usual hutch etc. When I came back, Anna didnt bat an eyelid, but then she doesn't like human interaction. Barney, on the other hand, ran over and started licking my face for ages! He'd never done that before - he will readily lick my hands/feet/legs/arms etc but not face, I suspect because it is a sign of submission in rabbit behaviour, and he wants to be top bun over me. I think he missed me :love: Barney is a very cuddly bun, when he was a housebun he'd often jump up on my bed in the mornings, demanding strokes, and we'd have a cuddle for half an hour or so.

My girls Im not sure about, Id like to think they notice Im gone.

My boys definatly miss me, apparantly both behave out of character when Im away for more than a couple of days. I always get binkies when I get in from work aswell :love:

Mr Bennett does, he sulks really badly if I am out all day. I don't think my other 2 miss me but they have each other and are not people bunnies. They don't mind me, but really don't like strangers or people they don't really know.

when we had gadget, who was a house rabbit and absolutely devoted to my wife, we took him to a rabbit boarding for our 2 week hols, when we got hime back home , he promptly went upstairs jumped on the bed and wee'd on my wifes pillow, had never done it before or since .

Sky does. He gets separation anxiety and won't eat and makes himself ill. I can't ever sleep anywhere else other than my bed.

Mine are like this too.
My bridge bun Thumper was the better of the 2 cos he was OK if I was back by 3.00am. but went into stasis if I was out all night.
Benjie won't even eat if I'm out of the house. Fortunately he's not gone into stasis & makes up for it when I get back.
I'm trying to get him used to me being out gradually.

Yep :roll:

Sonic gets really moody when I'm away, especially with my dad. Dad'll go out to feed him and Sonic will just turn his back :lol:

We were away a couple of weeks ago for a night and ours were so happy to get home. Think it was a space thing as soon as they came back, were doing binkies all over for ages. My mum is great at looking after and talks to them lots, but they don't have the freedom they have here :)

No, i don't think so. They probably miss being allowed the whole top floor to run around in. My Dad leaves them in their own room, but on the other hand, my Dad feeds them far more pellets more often than i do.

Spenser sulks if I go out for a few hours. I'm not quite sure this counts as missing me! I think he definitely views me as a servant/slave. :lol:

Floppy comes up to the run for a good sniff and to find out if i have food.. If i approach and dont have anything, he hops away... I reckon I'll have no chance now as he has Willow for company. He'll be so loved uo , I wont exist.....

Nope. My mum is looking after mine and when I come home I have to clip his nails and groom him. He's always been a human shy rabbit anyway, but now he's spending time running around upstairs with access to my brother's room since he doesn't chew unlike his girlfriend who passed away :)cry:) he's accepting strokes and will take food. But when he sees me, I can see it in his eyes, he knows it means less fruit, nail clipping, health checks and grooming. :lol:

Back