• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This really is a rabbit...

Rach210

Alpha Buck
...and not a novelty slipper as a few mean people have suggested :lol:

2012-11-07+20.07.40.jpg

Meet Muffin. We were not planning on getting another rabbit and even had to cancel a bunny I had reserved with a rescue as the adoption fee and travel costs to get him would have been nealry £100. I was planning on waiting till the new year to get any more animals but Muffin was advertised as 'free to a good home' on Preloved. I've heard stories about what happens to free animals, and I thought since he would clearly need regular grooming, I didn't want him to end up with someone who would neglect him and leave him to get matted.

I assumed he was the result of an accidental litter but when I arrived at the woman's house to meet him it turned out she just let her pet rabbits breed all summer. Muffin was living with 6 or 7 other rabbits in a pen that would have been great for a couple of buns but was too small for that many. It was dirty and smelled and the only food in sight was a bowl of carrot and broccoli, there was no hay.

The woman informed me that there was 'no point' in vaccinating him. Apparently all her rabbits live to 14 and never get sick, despite her not vaccinating, spaying or neutering :roll: She claimed to have kept rabbits all her life and never had a vets bill so thought I was silly to insure my rabbits.

I really couldn't leave poor little Muffin there, I just wish I could have taken his brother too. He will be vaccinated next week and neutered soon so that I can bond him with Misty.

He is so beautiful! Well done for rescuing him. I have found where rabbits are concerned people tend to tell little or big porkies.

Back