• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

when you wish you didn't know

blue_vix

Mama Doe
Someone I met told me about how her mum's house rabbit had died of fly strike :( which was bad enough, but then went on to tell me how her mum got another rabbit buts its horrible so they've put it in a hutch at the bottom of the garden and you have to throw the food in really quick so it doesn't bite you :(
It makes me feel so sick. I was at work so I couldn't start having a go or coming across 'on my high horse'.

It keeps crossing my mind to get her details and offer to take the rabbit but I can't afford to take on another one nor do I have anywhere to put another one.

Oh god how awful, why do people get animals just to throw a bit of food in. Breaks my heart. I don't know what you can do about it though :( I don't think the RSPCA would get involved because it is being fed. I hate humans sometimes :( I really feel for you because it is something you won't be able to get out of your head :(

That's really sad. There is a rabbit near here in a teeny hutch, I did offer to take it actually but they got all insulted.

this is where you have to be really hard and absolutely refuse to take the rabbit! be firm with yourself.
print off some leaflets and stick them through the letter box in the dead of night, or mail them anonymously.

Back