• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone nr Spring Road station, Birmingham? Stray bunny U/D No sign of the other one.

helgalush

Wise Old Thumper
I've just been on Facebook and saw a post made by a friend of mine yesterday to say that a bunny had been spotted on the platform of Spring Road Station, in the outskirts of Birmingham.

I've seen a picture and it looks a domestic bunny, rather than a wildie. Obviously it has already been out by itself for 24 hours now so I am very worried about it.

I am not very local and wouldnt be able to get there before its dark. Is anybody local to the area and could go and have a look, see if they can spot the bunny?

I have tried calling Fat Fluffs as not sure which rescues are in the area to help.

Otherwise any other suggestions - would the RSPCA go out?

Last edited:
Thank you so much. I am on hold to a Birmingham branch of the RSPCA, I don't know if they will be able to help though. Feel so useless. :(

Been on hold for half an hour now, its going to be dark soon. :(
PS It does look like a domestic bunny doesnt it, not a wildie?? I have never seen a wildie I don't think but the face shape/eyes/ears/size of it doesn't make me think wildie. Just checking...

Last edited:
I am stuck at work until half 8 tonight :( I can take a look tomorrow but I guess that'll be too late :(

Have you tried posing on ff facebook page? They are very close and will have members very close by!

Thank you. I may see if my OH will go with me this evening, but it will be dark before we can get over there.

Have you tried posing on ff facebook page? They are very close and will have members very close by!

I tried their mobile telephone number and left a voicemail. I will post to their Facebook page too.

The thing is I havent been able to get hold of my friend who made the post on Facebook for more information (I've tried) so I dont want to send anyone on a wild goose chase either.

Spoken to Fat Fluffs, but they are not in a position to be able to help unfortunately.

I am back in the queue for RSPCA helpline.

I was thinking that myself, which is why I've tried to get hold of my friend, but no reply to text, voicemail or FB. He works on that railway line so he would know also if the station is manned. I've got a feeling its a very small station.

ETA: National Rail Enquiries website says it has a ticket office. Do you think I should call them and see if bunny been spotted since?

I was thinking that myself, which is why I've tried to get hold of my friend, but no reply to text, voicemail or FB. He works on that railway line so he would know also if the station is manned. I've got a feeling its a very small station.

From what I remember that station is surrounded by commercial land/buildings if the bunny has moved it would be difficult to know where to look

From what I remember that station is surround by commercial land/buildings if the bunny has moved it would be difficult to know where to look

I don't really know the area at all, my OH does but he has been out all afternoon. The bunny could have gone anywhere couldnt it?

There used to be a person in Acocks Green who bred rabbits for pet shops she kept them in a massive natural type environment but they were left to survive or not, there were hundreds, many escaped. Could some of those domestic rabbits have got into the wild and be living as wild rabbits?

Back