• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet Plan Renewal

Michelleox

Mama Doe
Just got my renewal through. They want £75 excess for Amber (who is four) and £90 excess for Ollie (who is 5.5ish) :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Just thought i'd share. I'll still renew but again - :shock:

Just got my renewal through. They want £75 excess for Amber (who is four) and £90 excess for Ollie (who is 5.5ish) :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Just thought i'd share. I'll still renew but again - :shock:

I have this with Poppy now. Although I didn't read the renewal policy and just got the shock when I came to claim (although I'm unsure if I can actually be shocked surrounding the cost of anything to do with vet treatment anymore) :roll:

I know that it would go up as they got older but still.

Exactly! I had the same shock recently as Erin who is just over 5 has a £90 excess.

I did a lot of weighing up recently as I have some insured with PP and some with P@H and wondered whether to swap any from one to the other. This is because I got a renewal from P@H saying I would need to pay 10% of the bill as well as the £75 excess, which I hadn't been expecting. I rang PP to compare and they said after age 5 I would have to pay 20% of the bill. I'm a bit annoyed because I rang both and discussed the details and I was given the wrong information for my comparison to make my decision :evil: As it turns out anyway, I would rather have a higher excess and they pay 100% beyond the excess so lucky I moved Rudy back in the nick of time.

I must admit, when I saw the £90 excess I also went :shock::shock::shock:

I've just checked and Erin's excess for the current year is £55.

our excesses out are also all up - but its still worth it!! Vets costs are up generally, and also the sort of diagnostics and drugs and treatments available are now so much increased in terms of what can be done - that it is worth having it. The only thing that seems to have come down in price (for us anyway) are CT scans for some reason (though still a couple of hundred! - they used to be well over £300 each)

(vaccine costs are down of course with the combi vaccine - but insurance doesnt cover that anyway!)

Oh dear, Barney's policy is due for renewal in Feb, and he is 4 now, and I've just made an £800 claim and I've moved to a more expensive area so I know premiums will go up.... does the excess go up automatically when they hit a certain age, do you know?

Oh dear, Barney's policy is due for renewal in Feb, and he is 4 now, and I've just made an £800 claim and I've moved to a more expensive area so I know premiums will go up.... does the excess go up automatically when they hit a certain age, do you know?

I can usually suss these things out and I have 7 policies to compare but they baffle me!

Tinky who is 4 has just had a renewal last month and a £75 excess (only one tiny claim 2 years ago, not that that's supposed to count)

Erin who was 4 last year had a £55 excess during the year but suddenly £90. The letter does give her age is the reason for the high excess.

Esme is also 4 and her renew was in May and has a £55 excess (loads of claims for Esme).

I *think* they are putting up excesses rather than premiums but there is some factor that is age-related.

I'll be paying £24 a month for both buns. I will still insure them for peace of mind as they still pay out up to £2000 each, as you say, vets bills are on the up also. They seem to be good at paying up so can't moan too much.

There was a paragraph on the letter saying 'now you have an older pet' etc and how their vet trips usually increase when they are older....i suppose this justifies Pet Plan sleeping well at night :roll:

Last edited:
Back