• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it Weird ?

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
That I should feel so excited about the wonderful quality of this weeks delivery of hay ? Three ENORMOUS (at least 6ft x 3ft) bales of this

Rabbits058-Optimized.jpg

No way can I shift the bales !!

If I were not so arthritic I might just Binky :D

Ooh that's lovely hay, I love getting my hands on nice hay too!!!

I'm currently trying to advertise hayforpets to someone at work so will be taking in a little sample bag of it and leaving it in her in-tray as she doesn't work weekends :lol:

Ha! I know what you mean. I get all excited when I get new hay. I was very excited last week when I purchased our first bale (always had smaller bags before). I'm sure the neighbours think "what the !!!!! is she up to now??!!". Oh well, at least I'm a nutter with a heart :lol:

Is that this year's hay? My hay man came to swap 2 bales for last year's hay as this year's was rubbish. I might have to try somewhere else but it will cost more. At the moment I pay £40 for 6 bales which includes delivery. That only lasts about 2.1/2 weeks.

Ooo that looks like good hay! I get excited over it too.

I often think the neighbours think I store dead bodies in the garage or something because I always carry it from the garage to the house in a big duvet cover.

Looks scrummy! :thumb:

I just tried a new farm and the stuff is gorgeous! So i now have two farms (one that will deliver and one that I have to collect from) which both charge £5 per bale! :thumb:

James collected a bale on Tuesday, we both said it looked about a third bigger and it is really green and fresh. The buns love it.

Did he get it from Frosbury/Percy Chapmans ?

Yes we always get it from there, after you recommended them.

No way would I go back to the pigeon infested barn in Walton. Still makes me shudder. I don't know why anyone would want to feed their horses with hay covered in feathers and some in pigeon poo.

No not weird, well not to fellow bunny owners anyway. I was super excited to received my hay4pets order this week as my buns were beginning to leave their hay and knew they would enjoy the T&R I'd ordered.

Laughing at your binky. I pretend to do binkys with my buns. They look at me like this :shock: Steven thinks I look like i'm being zapped by an electric chair. :lol::lol:

That looks beautiful, Jane. :)
The best hay I can get must be flown up to Alaska from Washington state. A 45 lb. bale will last me a few months but costs over $120.00 U.S. to send here.
Worth it though as we have no growing season for about six to nine months here. :( In summer I pull up the hayseed that grows wild in my yard. Mimzy is more used to it than the other two, but everybunny gets a taste.
Otherwise I have to order tiny Oxbow minibales and they go through those so fast! :(

I get excited about hay too :lol: Donny and Lola had a reeeeally lovely bag of Timothy and Rye hay from hay for pets this time:love:
And a great bag of the asda hay that I use to pad out the litter tray, nice and stalky:D

Last edited:
I got 2 frosbury bales last week....they're lovely :)

I now travel an hour away to get hay, as everywhere else I've tried is just rubbish :-(

I was also very impressed with the man there, an older guy that knew all about stalky hay being good for bunnies teeth :thumb:

I got 2 frosbury bales last week....they're lovely :)

I now travel an hour away to get hay, as everywhere else I've tried is just rubbish :-(

I was also very impressed with the man there, an older guy that knew all about stalky hay being good for bunnies teeth :thumb:

Yes, someone might have told him about that...................:oops:

Back