• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can rabbits be happy without living with another rabbit?

bunny-boo

Warren Scout
Just considering getting my boy a friend but worried about what I would do if they didn't bond, or had a fall out beyond repoair somewhere down the line? So can they be happy as single buns?

Have you thought about taking on a rescue bunny? Often rescues will take back the bunny if a bond falls through, they may be able to help with the bonding too.

thanks will keep an eye out to see if a suitable female comes up, he is a huge boy though so would he be better with his own breed, continental giant?

thanks will keep an eye out to see if a suitable female comes up, he is a huge boy though so would he be better with his own breed, continental giant?

I think there's someone on here with a giant bunny and a dwarf lop :) (dwarf lop not necessarily dwarfy! One of my dwarf lops is around 2.5kg:lol:)

Don't think size really matters.

Original question, its rare they fall out, but it can happen. I have a single boy, he has had 3 failed bonds, 2 before I rescued him. He is happy, however, I did have to get another companion for my girl, so have 3 bunnies now. But again, doesn't happen that often. There are rescues that bond, if you are worried.

Size or breed does not matter, it's down to the indvidual bunnie's personalities :thumb:

I'm sure a rescue would be able to match-make for you :)

Back