• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet suggestions Bristol

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
Any decent rabbit savy vets in the area? A friends rabbit is off colour (eating, drinking, peeing and pooing fine) but her vet doesn't care and brushed it off without examining the rabbit :(

I don't know how far your friend would be able to travel but we use a fantastic rabbit savvy vet Jason Burgess at Wood Vets, Bristol Road, Gloucester. I know it is a distance from Bristol but we travel up from South Wales about a 80 minute drive both ways as he is so very good. I know other RUers use him too as well as Windwhistle Warren and a local bunny boarding place. I cannot recommend Jason highly enough!

Hope this helps

Ruth :wave:

I don't know how far your friend would be able to travel but we use a fantastic rabbit savvy vet Jason Burgess at Wood Vets, Bristol Road, Gloucester. I know it is a distance from Bristol but we travel up from South Wales about a 80 minute drive both ways as he is so very good. I know other RUers use him too as well as Windwhistle Warren and a local bunny boarding place. I cannot recommend Jason highly enough!

Hope this helps

We've used him too - definitely worth the 4 hour journey each way.

Hope this helps

Jason was the first rabbit savvy vet I ever saw, I honestly can not recommend him enough. He loves rabbits and is very very good with them, he is very highly respected as an exotics vet, esp buns :love: he was the vet who forgot to give us our bun back cos he was too busy having a bunny snuggle :love::love::love:

I also seem to remember that our bills dropped a bit when he realised that the very poorly bun we were spending hundreds on was a cruelty case rescue, nothing official and he never mentioned anything, but everything seemed cheaper somehow :love:

(I may have been a little in love with him when I was 14 :oops::lol:)

Last edited:
Jason was the first rabbit savvy vet I ever saw, I honestly can not recommend him enough. He loves rabbits and is very very good with them, he is very highly respected as an exotics vet, esp buns :love: he was the vet who forgot to give us our bun back cos he was too busy having a bunny snuggle :love::love::love:

I also seem to remember that our bills dropped a bit when he realised that the very poorly bun we were spending hundreds on was a cruelty case rescue, nothing official and he never mentioned anything, but everything seemed cheaper somehow :love:

(I may have been a little in love with him when I was 14 :oops::lol:)

I have heard quite a few people have or have had a 'crush' on this man!!! I think he's great, a really decent fella too and our ten house buns love him. He has worked miracles for us / them in the past, I cannot recommend him highly enough :wave:

I have heard quite a few people have or have had a 'crush' on this man!!! I think he's great, a really decent fella too and our ten house buns love him. He has worked miracles for us / them in the past, I cannot recommend him highly enough :wave:

I think it was how genuinely he cared for my bun that did it for me :oops:

I really hope the distance doesn't put your friend off/make it impossible. I used to live in Bristol and we were plagued by bad vets (refusing to treat because "you've got to understand it is not a dog" :evil::roll:)

It was more than worth the journey to him as the extra money we spent on getting there was more than made up by the amount we saved by having our rabbits actual illness addressed, rather than just the symptoms of an underlying condition... Every 2 months :roll:

I've heard of both of those, thanks guys! :thumb: Will suggest them to her in a second, she said she is willing to travel :)

Hi, Sorry just seen this.
I take mine to Rowes Veterinary Group.
http://www.rowevetgroup.com/
They have practices in Thornbury, Wotton Under Edge, Bradley Stoke and Yate.
I take mine to the Bradley Stoke Practice. This is also the 24 hour hospital and emergency service for the area.

Jason Burgess. just a short trip up the a38 or m5. he's amazing. no point going anywhere else when you can go to him.

not sure who my friend has chosen to go to, but she was very glad I could suggest someone :love: (I actually haven't heard much from her she has badly broken her ankle so isn't online much atm!)

Back